ICHR Driver for P4P800 Deluxe

I have this board, and it seems as though the disk activity on it is a
little sluggish. I was hoping to find the correct IAA, and may have. It will
not install, however, saying that I have the incorrect hardware.

System:
P4P800 Deluxe (not an E)
512MB RAM
1-WD 36GB Raptor, second connector unused
2.4C @ 2.65GHz

I have tried installing versions 3.5 and 4.5 (latest file name
iaar45_enu.exe).

Do I need to have a RAID array set up to use the driver above?

If so, is there any way to speed up HDD performance via a driver or
otherwise?

Stuart

http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4p800/IAA_QSG.pdf

(Quick start guide for IAA.)

One of the modes is to set up a raid-ready system: turn on RAID in the BIOS,
but use only a single SATA drive. (It can be migrated to RAID 0 later.)

I don't know whether you'd get a performance improvement, though.

You could also try the Intel chipset ID utility:

http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/inf5021003.zip

(I believe that there are newer versions available.)

Good luck.

Bob Knowlden

Address may be altered. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

"C. Stuart McKendrick, III" <sales.NOSPAM@mapneworleans.com> wrote in
message news:cfgffe$85d$1@news.datasync.com...
>I have this board, and it seems as though the disk activity on it is a
> little sluggish. I was hoping to find the correct IAA, and may have. It
> will
> not install, however, saying that I have the incorrect hardware.
>
> System:
> P4P800 Deluxe (not an E)
> 512MB RAM
> 1-WD 36GB Raptor, second connector unused
> 2.4C @ 2.65GHz
>
> I have tried installing versions 3.5 and 4.5 (latest file name
> iaar45_enu.exe).
>
> Do I need to have a RAID array set up to use the driver above?
>
> If so, is there any way to speed up HDD performance via a driver or
> otherwise?
>
> Stuart

Stuart,

Are you using XP? If so then install SP2, what SP1 did not fix SP2 did.