P4SDX Random Lockups

Hello there

I'm running a P4SDX motherboard with a P4 1.6mhz running on a 400mhz FSB
with a 512 MB ram and Geforce 4 i4200. My problem seems to be when I'm
playing games. Quake2 is one example. I have got all the driver updates
which I can find from the manufactures sites and it still occurs.

Any ideas

Thanks
Rich

Paul

Splendid

In article <EuPSc.121223$28.96101@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, "Richard
Jackson" <r_jackson@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello there
>
> I'm running a P4SDX motherboard with a P4 1.6mhz running on a 400mhz FSB
> with a 512 MB ram and Geforce 4 i4200. My problem seems to be when I'm
> playing games. Quake2 is one example. I have got all the driver updates
> which I can find from the manufactures sites and it still occurs.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Thanks
> Rich

Try this:

http://abxzone.com/forums/search.php (enter "P4SDX AGP" as search terms)

There are a variety of suggestions there, such as changing AGP 8X
to 4X, disable fast write if it isn't already greyed out in the BIOS
etc. Look for a different SIS AGP driver.

I presume you've already used memtest86 from memtest.org and
prime95 (torture test mode) from mersenne.org, to test the
memory and processor of your board. Some chipsets are just cursed
when it comes to AGP, and no amount of tweaking will fix them.

HTH,
Paul