Repair in this situation?

I have 2 different models of PC both with 2 plugin racks.
Both run XP at present and I create images of them using TrueImage but I
don't see that the images are any help in this situation.
Can I take the Master from PC1, and plug it into PC2 and do a Repair of XP?
If I do this will the applications etc installed on this Master still be
installed in the repaired XP on PC2?
I am hoping to be able to finish up with a new clean HD in PC2 with all my
programs installed, without having to reinstall them.
I hope that I have described this clearly.

Any comments appreciated
Brian Tozer

"KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> I have 2 different models of PC both with 2 plugin racks.
> Both run XP at present and I create images of them using TrueImage but I
> don't see that the images are any help in this situation.
> Can I take the Master from PC1, and plug it into PC2 and do a Repair of
XP?
> If I do this will the applications etc installed on this Master still be
> installed in the repaired XP on PC2?
> I am hoping to be able to finish up with a new clean HD in PC2 with all my
> programs installed, without having to reinstall them.
> I hope that I have described this clearly.

I'm afraid your post is not very clear. What exactly do you
want to do:
- Repair a broken installation?
- "Graft" existing applications from a first PC to a second PC?
- Move a disk from one PC to another PC?

If the installation is broken, what exactly is the problem? Have
you tried fixing it?

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

> "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> > I have 2 different models of PC both with 2 plugin racks.
> > Both run XP at present and I create images of them using TrueImage but I
> > don't see that the images are any help in this situation.
> > Can I take the Master from PC1, and plug it into PC2 and do a Repair of
> XP?
> > If I do this will the applications etc installed on this Master still be
> > installed in the repaired XP on PC2?
> > I am hoping to be able to finish up with a new clean HD in PC2 with all
my
> > programs installed, without having to reinstall them.
> > I hope that I have described this clearly.

> I'm afraid your post is not very clear. What exactly do you
> want to do:
> - Repair a broken installation?

No, everything is working at present.

> - "Graft" existing applications from a first PC to a second PC?
> - Move a disk from one PC to another PC?

Both of the above.
I have the disk, with XP and all the applications installed in PC1.
I want to move the HD to PC2 without having to reinstall all of the
applications.
I realise that XP will have to be installed for/in the new PC environment,
but was hoping that doing a Repair would eliminate the need to reinstall the
applications.
The purpose is just to eliminate the big process of installing and
configuring the applications again.
Maybe there is a better way?

Thanks for helping, it is appreciated.

> "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> > > I have 2 different models of PC both with 2 plugin racks.
> > > Both run XP at present and I create images of them using TrueImage but
> > > don't see that the images are any help in this situation.
> > > Can I take the Master from PC1, and plug it into PC2 and do a Repair
of
> > XP?
> > > If I do this will the applications etc installed on this Master still
be
> > > installed in the repaired XP on PC2?
> > > I am hoping to be able to finish up with a new clean HD in PC2 with
all
> my
> > > programs installed, without having to reinstall them.
> > > I hope that I have described this clearly.
>
> > I'm afraid your post is not very clear. What exactly do you
> > want to do:
> > - Repair a broken installation?
>
> No, everything is working at present.
>
> > - "Graft" existing applications from a first PC to a second PC?
> > - Move a disk from one PC to another PC?
>
> Both of the above.
> I have the disk, with XP and all the applications installed in PC1.
> I want to move the HD to PC2 without having to reinstall all of the
> applications.
> I realise that XP will have to be installed for/in the new PC environment,
> but was hoping that doing a Repair would eliminate the need to reinstall
the
> applications.
> The purpose is just to eliminate the big process of installing and
> configuring the applications again.
> Maybe there is a better way?
>
> Thanks for helping, it is appreciated.
> Brian Tozer