A7N8X Deluxe 2600 barton problem

Currently, my system will only boot at 1250 and not 2600 as expected.
When I set the bios speed to 166, it will kick back to 100 after a
failed boot. Am I missing something obvious?
Also-512 meg 2700 ram
jefferson

peter

first of all the 2600 barton will not run at 2600
If I remember right its FSB of 166(333) times its multiplier of 11.5 runs it at
1917
what version of the deluxe do you have ?? there are 2 ..the 1.06(?) and the ver
2.0
take a look here and see if this applies
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-d/jumper.htm
are you running your mem in sync with the chips FSB speed??
peter

"jdavis" <jdavis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Currently, my system will only boot at 1250 and not 2600 as expected.
> When I set the bios speed to 166, it will kick back to 100 after a
> failed boot. Am I missing something obvious?
> Also-512 meg 2700 ram
> jefferson

where do you find the bios revision information of the board?
All I see is the a7n8x deluxe UAY.