how to boot from external drive?

Hi i am trying to reset my laptop with the disc supplied
but the built in cd rom drive is dead. i have an external
drive but it wont boot the reset disc from this drive as
the external drive is only booted when window xp starts! i
have been told u can do it but i have to do somthing with
the bios thingy?!?!?! any help would be greatfully receved
Thanks Ben

Look at the manual that came with your laptop. Find out how to enter the
bios. Look in startup options to see if you can, in fact, boot from an
external drive. Not all M/B's can!

--
Regards:

Richard Urban