TV Tuner

I would like to purchase a TV Tuner Card(probably the ATI
TV Wonder Pro) for my PC, the only problem is the
processor is a P4 3.2GHZ w/ HT. I have been reading about
problems with the TV Tuner crashing the system when run on
machines with hyper-threading technology. I was curious
as to whether there was another fix besides disabling the
hyper-threading? Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about tuner

    Apparently ATI may have a fix for HT systems when you want to use their AIW.
    However, it may only work with the Radeon based AIWs.

    "John Adams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to purchase a TV Tuner Card(probably the ATI
    > TV Wonder Pro) for my PC, the only problem is the
    > processor is a P4 3.2GHZ w/ HT. I have been reading about
    > problems with the TV Tuner crashing the system when run on
    > machines with hyper-threading technology. I was curious
    > as to whether there was another fix besides disabling the
    > hyper-threading? Thanks in advance.

    Thanks for the help. By reading some customer reviews of
    the card I found out that microsoft had a hotfix for the
    problem and after they did the hotfix things worked
    great. I sent an email to ATI, but they have yet to
    respond. So I tried here, so anyone know of the hotfix?

TV Tuner Windows XP