Office Keyboard

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi.

I've got Office Keyboaurd and XP pro with intellitype 5.0
drivers.

When my system boots up or restarts, the keyboard always
defaults to "F-Lock" off. Even if I press the key, during
the initial phases, it keeps getting reset. A consequence
of this is I can't get into Safe Mode.

Has anybody any suggestions as to a work round for this?

Regards,

Steve.

I have the Multimedia kybd. It also has the F-Lock key.
When I want to enter the boot menu or the BIOS I put my left
hand on the computer power switch and my right on the
F-Lock. As soon as the lights turn ON on the kybd I press
the F-Lock and then the function key of choice. Works for
me.

"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:17f1401c44a41$05774a10$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| Hi.
|
| I've got Office Keyboaurd and XP pro with intellitype 5.0
| drivers.
|
| When my system boots up or restarts, the keyboard always
| defaults to "F-Lock" off. Even if I press the key, during
| the initial phases, it keeps getting reset. A consequence
| of this is I can't get into Safe Mode.
|
| Has anybody any suggestions as to a work round for this?
|
| Regards,
|
| Steve.

The simple answer: There is no patch for Windows XP to disable the F-Lock.
However, several MVPs have made a registry patch file which would reverse
the functions of the F-locked function keys.

"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I've got Office Keyboaurd and XP pro with intellitype 5.0
> drivers.
>
> When my system boots up or restarts, the keyboard always
> defaults to "F-Lock" off. Even if I press the key, during
> the initial phases, it keeps getting reset. A consequence
> of this is I can't get into Safe Mode.
>
> Has anybody any suggestions as to a work round for this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve.

It's not going to help him get into safe mode though....

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

> The simple answer: There is no patch for Windows XP to disable the
F-Lock.
> However, several MVPs have made a registry patch file which would reverse
> the functions of the F-locked function keys.
>

> "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > I've got Office Keyboaurd and XP pro with intellitype 5.0
> > drivers.
> >
> > When my system boots up or restarts, the keyboard always
> > defaults to "F-Lock" off. Even if I press the key, during
> > the initial phases, it keeps getting reset. A consequence
> > of this is I can't get into Safe Mode.
> >
> > Has anybody any suggestions as to a work round for this?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Steve.

SERVO

Steve wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've got Office Keyboaurd and XP pro with intellitype 5.0
> drivers.
>
> When my system boots up or restarts, the keyboard always
> defaults to "F-Lock" off. Even if I press the key, during
> the initial phases, it keeps getting reset. A consequence
> of this is I can't get into Safe Mode.
>
> Has anybody any suggestions as to a work round for this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve.

F-lock?
--
Servo

"Shop smart! Shop S-Mart!"

tservo100 at
ameritech dot net

Slow, fiery death to all spammers!

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Thanks to all that responded.

The F-lock key is a key that changes the capability of
the functions keys.

Regards,

Steve.

Latest posts