P2B-S: disable SCSI under Linux?

A Q for any Linux aficianados...

Have a P2B-S (actually an LS, but with no L...) with a multiboot
set-up including Mandrake 10.

As I have no SCSI devices in use, and cannot disable the SCSI adaptor
from the BIOS, is there some way I can disable it within Mandrake?

I's sure there's a config file or something to be modified, but I'm a
Linux newbie and am still finding my way about.

Thanks for any info!

Kind regards, Paul H.
2 answers Last reply
More about disable scsi linux

    In article <h6uqh0d364iev4e5h0ghd10hhr8pd813o9@4ax.com>, Paul R. Hunt
    <prhunt@dyson.brisnet.org.au> wrote:

    > A Q for any Linux aficianados...
    >
    > Have a P2B-S (actually an LS, but with no L...) with a multiboot
    > set-up including Mandrake 10.
    >
    > As I have no SCSI devices in use, and cannot disable the SCSI adaptor
    > from the BIOS, is there some way I can disable it within Mandrake?
    >
    > I's sure there's a config file or something to be modified, but I'm a
    > Linux newbie and am still finding my way about.
    >
    > Thanks for any info!
    >
    > Kind regards, Paul H.

    Check for a SCSI_EN jumper just below the four DIMM slots.

    Paul

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:55:53 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

    >> As I have no SCSI devices in use, and cannot disable the SCSI adaptor
    >> from the BIOS, is there some way I can disable it within Mandrake?
    >
    >Check for a SCSI_EN jumper just below the four DIMM slots.

    Thanks Paul. I'm fairly sure I don't have that jumper on my board
    (Rev. 1.02). Although I must check to see if there are pads for the
    jumper, and if those pads have been shorted...

    Regards, Paul H.

Asus SCSI Linux Motherboards