P4P800-E and Kingston Value ram-will it work?

Hi
Will Kingston Value Ram (part#KVR400AK2/1GR) work on the P4P800-E:

1GB Kit 400MHz DDR PC3200 DIMM 3-3-3 (Retail)
Standard 64M X 64 Non-ECC 400MHz 184-pin Unbuffered DIMMSDRAM-DDR, 2.6V,
CL3, Gold

Link for the RAM:
http://www.valueram.com/config/partsInfoTest2.asp?ktcpartno=KVR400AK2/1GR

I noticed this ram has different specs than there more pricey Kingston. Will
there be a noticeable difference in speed??

Thanks, Martin
7 answers Last reply
More about p4p800 kingston will work

    I`ve got cheap noname ram in mine so i reckon you will have no problem with
    the kingston

    Notice that your ram is cl3

    Thats the slowest ram with 2.5cl being faster and cl2 the fastest

    You get what you pay for

    "Martin Hirsch" <martinhirschREMOVEspam@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Will Kingston Value Ram (part#KVR400AK2/1GR) work on the P4P800-E:
    >
    > 1GB Kit 400MHz DDR PC3200 DIMM 3-3-3 (Retail)
    > Standard 64M X 64 Non-ECC 400MHz 184-pin Unbuffered DIMMSDRAM-DDR, 2.6V,
    > CL3, Gold
    >
    > Link for the RAM:
    > http://www.valueram.com/config/partsInfoTest2.asp?ktcpartno=KVR400AK2/1GR
    >
    > I noticed this ram has different specs than there more pricey Kingston.
    Will
    > there be a noticeable difference in speed??
    >
    > Thanks, Martin

    My Geil Golden Dragon RAM works well, and isn't under the Asus RAM approved
    manufactures list.

    I concur with Lazarus also. It Would be a CRIME! to Install average ram on
    an above average Motherboard.

    "Alex" <alex@home> wrote in message
    > My Geil Golden Dragon RAM works well, and isn't under the Asus RAM approved
    > manufactures list.
    >
    > I concur with Lazarus also. It Would be a CRIME! to Install average ram on
    > an above average Motherboard.

    The real crime is when you install crash happy generics!
    CL differences are a very minor performance issue. WinNT/2k/XP are
    especially demanding when it comes to RAM quality,
    even more so at higher speeds. When you install RAM,
    any RAM, but especially generics, test them thoroughly,
    I mean tests that run hours, not seconds or minutes, moving
    many GBs of data around.

    Personally, I wouldn't install a generic even if you paid me.

    RayO

    Martin Hirsch <martinhirschREMOVEspam@cox.net> wrote:
    > Hi

    Same to you ;-)

    > Will Kingston Value Ram (part#KVR400AK2/1GR) work on the P4P800-E:

    I?m runnin here KVR400X64C3AK2/1G on the same board without any
    problems
    since one week.

    HTH, Gerd

    --
    Bitte den Rasen nicht betreten!

    I use this ram on a P4C800E Deluxe and it is fine. I have overclocked the
    system 10% no problems, and upped the voltage on the ram no problems.

    "Martin Hirsch" <martinhirschREMOVEspam@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Will Kingston Value Ram (part#KVR400AK2/1GR) work on the P4P800-E:
    >
    > 1GB Kit 400MHz DDR PC3200 DIMM 3-3-3 (Retail)
    > Standard 64M X 64 Non-ECC 400MHz 184-pin Unbuffered DIMMSDRAM-DDR, 2.6V,
    > CL3, Gold
    >
    > Link for the RAM:
    > http://www.valueram.com/config/partsInfoTest2.asp?ktcpartno=KVR400AK2/1GR
    >
    > I noticed this ram has different specs than there more pricey Kingston.
    Will
    > there be a noticeable difference in speed??
    >
    > Thanks, Martin

    Yes it works fine i have it on mine

    Martin Hirsch wrote:

    > Hi
    > Will Kingston Value Ram (part#KVR400AK2/1GR) work on the P4P800-E:
    >
    > 1GB Kit 400MHz DDR PC3200 DIMM 3-3-3 (Retail)
    > Standard 64M X 64 Non-ECC 400MHz 184-pin Unbuffered DIMMSDRAM-DDR, 2.6V,
    > CL3, Gold
    >
    > Link for the RAM:
    > http://www.valueram.com/config/partsInfoTest2.asp?ktcpartno=KVR400AK2/1GR
    >
    > I noticed this ram has different specs than there more pricey Kingston. Will
    > there be a noticeable difference in speed??
    >
    > Thanks, Martin

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:37:35 -0700, "Martin Hirsch"
    <martinhirschREMOVEspam@cox.net> wrote:

    > Will Kingston Value Ram (part#KVR400AK2/1GR) work on the P4P800-E:

    http://www.valueram.com/tools/memoryfinder.asp

Asus DDR RAM Kingston Motherboards