two internal modems

I tried to install to PCI internal modems. I am running
XP Home. I could get either one to work one their own
but not together. I was able to get both up one and they
had different com ports & IRQs but they did not function
properly.
Is it not possible to run two internal modems?

It should be possible to run two internal modem. However, each of the
modems may have to be from different manufacturers and not use the same
drivers. I think that Windows may get confused if the modems both use the
very same drivers.

"Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I tried to install to PCI internal modems. I am running
> XP Home. I could get either one to work one their own
> but not together. I was able to get both up one and they
> had different com ports & IRQs but they did not function
> properly.
> Is it not possible to run two internal modems?

Doug,

If you want 2 modems, maybe you should just attach an external multiplexer to one of your USB ports. That should allow you multiple modem access -- I would guess the multiplexer drivers would allow both modem to work -- BUT, that would probably require 2 external modems.

Joe.
(Let me know if I helped you.)

Gordon

"Joe Gervais" <joe_gervais@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Doug,
>
> If you want 2 modems, maybe you should just attach an external multiplexer
to one of your USB ports. That should allow you multiple modem access -- I
would guess the multiplexer drivers would allow both modem to work -- BUT,
that would probably require 2 external modems.

> Joe.
> (Let me know if I helped you.)

You fùcking gormless wanker, quote the post you are replying to - a large
majority of people here do NOT use the web access and so may not see the
original, depending ontheir view settings. It also keeps the integrity of
the thread if you quote. Otherwise, go fùck yourself with a rusty knife.

Thank you,

The Net Cop

"Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I tried to install to PCI internal modems. I am running
> XP Home. I could get either one to work one their own
> but not together. I was able to get both up one and they
> had different com ports & IRQs but they did not function
> properly.
> Is it not possible to run two internal modems?

It's possible to run two modems, but it depends on how you're trying to get
them to work "together." To get the 2 modems dialing out, you also have to
have 2 available phone lines -- not just two jacks, but two separate lines,
one for each modem. And, if you're using these modems to dial into your ISP,
either they have to support multiple dial-ins (most don't) or you need 2
accounts so you can log into separate accounts with each modem.

By the time you're done paying for a second phone line from the phone
company and a second account from your ISP, you might find that this is more
expensive than you thought.

Also, depending on the type of modem, you might find that if you do get them
working, the speed isn't going to be what you expect as they're going to be
competing for system resources.