Wireless Keyboard

On my old box standard keyboard to access the BIOS you
pressed and held the Delete key on strart up. On my new
wireless keyboard this dosn't work. Is it different for
these keyboards? If it is could someone please let me know
then it will save me going thru the process one key at a
time !!!! Thanks in advance

GaryY said in news:185a701c44ab3$6eb62a10$a301280a@phx.gbl:
> On my old box standard keyboard to access the BIOS you
> pressed and held the Delete key on strart up. On my new
> wireless keyboard this dosn't work. Is it different for
> these keyboards? If it is could someone please let me know
> then it will save me going thru the process one key at a
> time !!!! Thanks in advance

Fresh batteries?

Any obstructions between the cordless keyboard and its receiver? Are
they at least 6 to 8 inches apart?

Did you press the sync button on the keyboard and then press the sync
button on the receiver to make sure they know about each other,
especially after changing the batteries?

Did you plug the receiver into the PS/2 or USB port? If you BIOS does
not natively support USB keyboards and mice, you'll have to use the PS/2
port for those.

*** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

Keyboard works fine its just that pressing the delete key
dosn't get me into the bios.

__
>*** Post replies to newsgroup. Share with others.
>*** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to
Subject.
__

>.

clayton

Have you replaced the motherboard? if so then the BIOS entry key may be
different. Try pressing the Del key repeatedly and see if that works instead
of holding it down.

GaryY said in news:187e401c44b2a$d8ac32d0$a301280a@phx.gbl:
> Keyboard works fine its just that pressing the delete key
> dosn't get me into the bios.

After the POST and when the BIOS paints the screen showing the CPU and
memory detect (but before it continues loading any other BIOSes, like
for an IDE controller card or for SATA or SCSI) and before the ESCD
table gets printed, it usually will tell you what key to hit to enter
the BIOS screens. Does it actually say to hit the Del key, or does it
say to use a different key? Could be you are supposed to hit Esc, or
F8, or Enter, or something other than Del.

If the cordless keyboard "works", does that mean when you are in Windows
or editing some document that hitting the Del key actually has it
perform that function (to delete the next character)? Or does the Del
key still not work anywhere, in which case it sounds like a new keyboard
with a bad key.

At no time have you revealed what IS your computer so no one can give
you specific information as to how to enter the BIOS screens for that
brand and model (of computer or motherboard). So, at this point, it's
RTFM and good luck.

*** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to Subject.