Help with USB 2.0!

Hi all !

I recently purchased a HDD IOMEGA 80 Gb appliance, which I meant to use
with USB 2.0 entrance, however, this is not working on my pc.
Whenever I try plugging it, an error message from Windows says that there is
a "high speed device plugged into a non-high speed USB". There is the
following information in the device manager:
(3) SIS 7001 PCI to USB open host controllers
(1) SIS PCI to USB enhanced host controller, and Windows suggests that I
install the device on SIS PCI enhanced. I´ve been to ASUS website in order
to download the USB 2.0 SIS drive, but when I try to install it, there´s a
message from the windows on the screen telling me that my pc has already got
the updated drive on WIN XP Service Pack 1. Yet, on the motherboard bios,
USB 2.0 is already able.
My pc has four USB 2.0 entrances. Windows suggests that I unplug from the
entrance into which the device is connected and plug into the SIS PCI
enhanced. I have already done everything possible, including talking to the
people from the support both of Microsoft and IOMEGA, but no one was able to
solve the problem.

P4 1.800Mhz
Asus P4SE/2U
Win XP PRO

Thanking in advance
Sergio Hegner

Are you going through a hub? The hub may be only USB1.1, which will cause
your drive to run at only USB1.1 speed.

"Sergio" <shegner@globo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all !
>
> I recently purchased a HDD IOMEGA 80 Gb appliance, which I meant to use
> with USB 2.0 entrance, however, this is not working on my pc.
> Whenever I try plugging it, an error message from Windows says that there
is
> a "high speed device plugged into a non-high speed USB". There is the
> following information in the device manager:
> (3) SIS 7001 PCI to USB open host controllers
> (1) SIS PCI to USB enhanced host controller, and Windows suggests that I
> install the device on SIS PCI enhanced. I´ve been to ASUS website in
order
> to download the USB 2.0 SIS drive, but when I try to install it, there´s a
> message from the windows on the screen telling me that my pc has already
got
> the updated drive on WIN XP Service Pack 1. Yet, on the motherboard bios,
> USB 2.0 is already able.
> My pc has four USB 2.0 entrances. Windows suggests that I unplug from the
> entrance into which the device is connected and plug into the SIS PCI
> enhanced. I have already done everything possible, including talking to
the
> people from the support both of Microsoft and IOMEGA, but no one was able
> solve the problem.
>
> P4 1.800Mhz
> Asus P4SE/2U
> Win XP PRO
>
> Thanking in advance
> Sergio Hegner

No,not hub :_(
Tks

"G Busch" <thebigcheese@bighouse.com> escreveu na mensagem
> Are you going through a hub? The hub may be only USB1.1, which will cause
> your drive to run at only USB1.1 speed.
>
> "Sergio" <shegner@globo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all !
> >
> > I recently purchased a HDD IOMEGA 80 Gb appliance, which I meant to use
> > with USB 2.0 entrance, however, this is not working on my pc.
> > Whenever I try plugging it, an error message from Windows says that
there
> is
> > a "high speed device plugged into a non-high speed USB". There is the
> > following information in the device manager:
> > (3) SIS 7001 PCI to USB open host controllers
> > (1) SIS PCI to USB enhanced host controller, and Windows suggests that I
> > install the device on SIS PCI enhanced. I´ve been to ASUS website in
> order
> > to download the USB 2.0 SIS drive, but when I try to install it, there´s
> > message from the windows on the screen telling me that my pc has already
> got
> > the updated drive on WIN XP Service Pack 1. Yet, on the motherboard
bios,
> > USB 2.0 is already able.
> > My pc has four USB 2.0 entrances. Windows suggests that I unplug from
the
> > entrance into which the device is connected and plug into the SIS PCI
> > enhanced. I have already done everything possible, including talking to
> the
> > people from the support both of Microsoft and IOMEGA, but no one was
able
> > solve the problem.
> >
> > P4 1.800Mhz
> > Asus P4SE/2U
> > Win XP PRO
> >
> > Thanking in advance
> > Sergio Hegner

GeoffW

also have a look here

www.usbman.com

has solved a few of my problems.

SIS chipsets (so it seems) have some issues working with usb

Geoff

"Sergio" <shegner@globo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all !
>
> I recently purchased a HDD IOMEGA 80 Gb appliance, which
I meant to use
> with USB 2.0 entrance, however, this is not working on my
pc.
> Whenever I try plugging it, an error message from Windows
says that there is
> a "high speed device plugged into a non-high speed USB".
There is the
> following information in the device manager:
> (3) SIS 7001 PCI to USB open host controllers
> (1) SIS PCI to USB enhanced host controller, and Windows
suggests that I
> install the device on SIS PCI enhanced. I´ve been to ASUS
website in order
> to download the USB 2.0 SIS drive, but when I try to
install it, there´s a
> message from the windows on the screen telling me that my
pc has already got
> the updated drive on WIN XP Service Pack 1. Yet, on the
motherboard bios,
> USB 2.0 is already able.
> My pc has four USB 2.0 entrances. Windows suggests that I
unplug from the
> entrance into which the device is connected and plug into
the SIS PCI
> enhanced. I have already done everything possible,
including talking to the
> people from the support both of Microsoft and IOMEGA, but
no one was able to
> solve the problem.
>
> P4 1.800Mhz
> Asus P4SE/2U