Razer Diamondback mouse problem

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

I have recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled Windows. Unfortunately
since I reinstalled Windows I can't seem to get any of the extra buttons on
my Razer Diamondback to work. Mouse1, 2 and 3 all work fine - but the other
ones don't.

I have installed the latest driver (5.0.9.0) from http://www.razerzone.com/
but it doesn't solve my problem.

Any suggestions?
4 answers Last reply
More about razer diamondback mouse problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:22:10 GMT, "steeev"
    <steeev@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I have recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled Windows. Unfortunately
    >since I reinstalled Windows I can't seem to get any of the extra buttons on
    >my Razer Diamondback to work. Mouse1, 2 and 3 all work fine - but the other
    >ones don't.
    >
    >I have installed the latest driver (5.0.9.0) from http://www.razerzone.com/
    >but it doesn't solve my problem.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    Did you go into the driver control panel and configure the
    button assignments?

    If so, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Does that
    driver have any particular features you need? If not, you
    might find that a popular 3rd party driver from MS,
    Logitech, or others might also work.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    some of my buttons seem blocked from some of the commands, which is really
    annoying. IE i can customize it, however only to the two commands that they
    see fit, not the 8 other commands i want.......etc

    do you also find that it doesnt power up sometimes? and if you plug it in
    while the pc is on, the pc powers off?

    --
    From Overlag - Adam Webb

    "kony" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:22:10 GMT, "steeev"
    > <steeev@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I have recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled Windows. Unfortunately
    >>since I reinstalled Windows I can't seem to get any of the extra buttons
    >>on
    >>my Razer Diamondback to work. Mouse1, 2 and 3 all work fine - but the
    >>other
    >>ones don't.
    >>
    >>I have installed the latest driver (5.0.9.0) from
    >>http://www.razerzone.com/
    >>but it doesn't solve my problem.
    >>
    >>Any suggestions?
    >

    > Did you go into the driver control panel and configure the
    > button assignments?
    >
    > If so, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Does that
    > driver have any particular features you need? If not, you
    > might find that a popular 3rd party driver from MS,
    > Logitech, or others might also work.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "kony" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:22:10 GMT, "steeev"
    > <steeev@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I have recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled Windows. Unfortunately
    >>since I reinstalled Windows I can't seem to get any of the extra buttons
    >>on
    >>my Razer Diamondback to work. Mouse1, 2 and 3 all work fine - but the
    >>other
    >>ones don't.
    >>
    >>I have installed the latest driver (5.0.9.0) from
    >>http://www.razerzone.com/
    >>but it doesn't solve my problem.
    >>
    >>Any suggestions?
    >

    > Did you go into the driver control panel and configure the
    > button assignments?
    >
    > If so, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Does that
    > driver have any particular features you need? If not, you
    > might find that a popular 3rd party driver from MS,
    > Logitech, or others might also work.

    Thanks kony, I managed to get round the problem by programming it and
    assigning the mouse button a keyboard key. Not ideal though (compared to the
    way it was before my reformat).
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message

    > do you also find that it doesnt power up sometimes?

    No, but I've heard of it happening to others.

    > and if you plug it in while the pc is on, the pc powers off?

    Nope.

Hardware Mice Razer Video Games