Epson R800 problem

In article <408badf5$0$1017$3a628fcd@reader1.nntp.hccnet.nl>, marjolein
<xxx@xxx.nl> wrote:

> On http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20R800/page_9.htm I
> read that the Epson R880 has major problems with 6x4 media.
> Can a r800 user tell me wether this is really true or not?
>
> Thx

I've never tried to print inside a 4x6 like that, just done borderless
4x6, and experienced no problems like that. The one thing I don't like
is how the R800 lops a little of the picture off when printing
borderless. ie My daughter chose some flowers to print on 4x6 the other
day, and should have had ~1/8" from the top of the tallest flower to
the edge of the paper. When she printed it, the flower was actually
touching the edge.

--
Jim Nagy
Elm Electronics

My daughter chose some flowers to print on 4x6 the other
> day, and should have had ~1/8" from the top of the tallest flower to
> the edge of the paper. When she printed it, the flower was actually
> touching the edge.

Jim,
Was the original image file sized for 4x6? I have had similar problems -
with my HP 7350 also - but it was because I did not size and/or crop the
image to the size I wanted for the output.

I have only had the printer for about 4 days or so. Have printed 4x6, 5x7
and 8x10 borderless and have not seen any of the problems that this reviewer
is refering to in any sizes. (Maybe just lucky?)
"marjolein" <xxx@xxx.nl> wrote in message
> On http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20R800/page_9.htm I
> read that the Epson R880 has major problems with 6x4 media.
> Can a r800 user tell me wether this is really true or not?
>
> Thx

All the Epson photo printers when they print borderless blow the image up
some. Nothing you can do but don't print borderless.