can somebody guide me through this step by step?

please tell me what am i doing wrong??

i have my wireless network setup, 2 pc's windows xp 192.168.0.1 and
192.168.0.2
my access point is 192.168.0.100

i tried to setup ICS using a dialup connection and i did the network setup
wizard on both pcs, the remote machine however does not want to connect to
the internet... what am i doing wrong?

I'll confess that I'm not a networking guru, but having said that, I have set up my own several times and I noticed one thing in
your description that stuck out. Normally, routers ask you to indicate a range of IPs for the PCs in the network. You said your
access point is 192.168.0.100. Normally, the range would be something like 192.168.0.101 to 192.168.0.104, if you will have 4 PCs in
the network. You said your PCs are using 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2. These would not be a range in the format a router would
accept. Try using 192.168.0.101 and 192.168.0.102 if you have 2 PCs, and tell your router in your DHCP setup that you will be using
the range 192.168.0.101 to 192.168.0.102 (unless you have more than 2 PCs). You can always change it later if you add PCs. That
would be the first step. If that doesn't get you going, continue with that step but then look at several. lf the other settings on
your PC. Try that and post a reply and tell if that worked.
--
RMC,CPA

"Taquin Noel" <taquinnoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:udfcHcp6EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
please tell me what am i doing wrong??

i have my wireless network setup, 2 pc's windows xp 192.168.0.1 and
192.168.0.2
my access point is 192.168.0.100

i tried to setup ICS using a dialup connection and i did the network setup
wizard on both pcs, the remote machine however does not want to connect to
the internet... what am i doing wrong?

do i have to setup a gateway or something? what am i doing wrong? now i did
everything step by step and it says on the remote machine that internet
explorer can't open start page

"Taquin Noel" <taquinnoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> please tell me what am i doing wrong??
>
> i have my wireless network setup, 2 pc's windows xp 192.168.0.1 and
> 192.168.0.2
> my access point is 192.168.0.100
>
> i tried to setup ICS using a dialup connection and i did the network setup
> wizard on both pcs, the remote machine however does not want to connect to
> the internet... what am i doing wrong?

If your access point is 192.168.0.100, try changing the PC settings to:
PC1 to 192.168.0.101
PC2 to 192.168.0.102

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Taquin Noel" <taquinnoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uzuNW4p6EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
do i have to setup a gateway or something? what am i doing wrong? now i did
everything step by step and it says on the remote machine that internet
explorer can't open start page

"Taquin Noel" <taquinnoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> please tell me what am i doing wrong??
>
> i have my wireless network setup, 2 pc's windows xp 192.168.0.1 and
> 192.168.0.2
> my access point is 192.168.0.100
>
> i tried to setup ICS using a dialup connection and i did the network setup
> wizard on both pcs, the remote machine however does not want to connect to
> the internet... what am i doing wrong?

http://www.ezlan.net/

mike

"Taquin Noel" <taquinnoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> do i have to setup a gateway or something? what am i doing wrong? now i
did
> everything step by step and it says on the remote machine that internet
> explorer can't open start page
>
> "Taquin Noel" <taquinnoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > please tell me what am i doing wrong??
> >
> > i have my wireless network setup, 2 pc's windows xp 192.168.0.1 and
> > 192.168.0.2
> > my access point is 192.168.0.100
> >
> > i tried to setup ICS using a dialup connection and i did the network
setup
> > wizard on both pcs, the remote machine however does not want to connect
> > the internet... what am i doing wrong?

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"Taquin Noel" <taquinnoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> please tell me what am i doing wrong??
>
> i have my wireless network setup, 2 pc's windows xp 192.168.0.1 and
> 192.168.0.2
> my access point is 192.168.0.100
>
> i tried to setup ICS using a dialup connection and i did the network setup
> wizard on both pcs, the remote machine however does not want to connect to
> the internet... what am i doing wrong?
Boy do I hate ICS - especially with wireless networks!!

ICS works best if you allow it to allocate an IP address with DHCP. On the
remote machine, take out the static IP and allow it to be allocated an IP
address automatically. Also ensure that DHCP is disabled in the access
point. try that and see what happens.

Personally I would scrap ICS and use a proxy server such as CCproxy
http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/