Sfc /scannow Corrupt File - iassdo.dll.mui

jestjest

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Hey guys, I had a bsod randomly and decided to run a /sfc scannow. It found 1(2?) problem files

2011-01-19 00:44:56, Info CSI 000002ac [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:60{30},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US"\[l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui"; source file in store is also corrupted

2011-01-19 00:45:50, Info CSI 000002fc [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:60{30},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US"\[l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui"; source file in store is also corrupted

iassdo.dll.mui a 6kb file found in the syswow64\en-us folder.

I tired extracting file from my win7 disk however it still keeps the error on rescan. I was wondering if someone could upload the file so I could try that, dont want to do a full repair install for one file.

there's 2 files with the name iassdo.dll.mui, the problem ones are the 6kb not the 45kb file.

Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

jestjest

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Aye, I'm fully aware of the repair install as I mentioned in the first post. Frankly overwriting one file would be no worse than overwriting the whole system which is what a repair install does in effect.

I'd like to try replacing the individual file first, using a copy of someones whos works fine. A google search of the file in question yields plenty of results with issues the same as mine, some of which were resolved using the file from someone elses cd / pc that was working correctly.

If that doesn't work then it's time to try a repair, and if problems persist bite the bullet and full format.

Again if anyone could take the 5mins to locate and upload the file I specified in the first post, namely iassdo.dll.mui , 6kb found in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US directory it would be most appreciated.

jestjest

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Hi Dadiggle, thanks for the reply. It's come back clean, just realized it's only the 6kb file thats mentioned by the scan I run.

I dunno what corrupted the file, but I'm pretty sure if someone who can run the scan and doesnt have the corruption uploads the file and I replace it correctly and safely it will fix the problem.

jestjest

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Hello Macroxur. If you read the post you would see where I said

I tired extracting file from my win7 disk however it still keeps the error on rescan. I was wondering if someone could upload the file so I could try that, dont want to do a full repair install for one file.

Also I mentioned

A google search of the file in question yields plenty of results with issues the same as mine, some of which were resolved using the file from someone elses cd / pc that was working correctly.

I spent some time checking it out as I said, and those who were sent the file either from someone elses dvd or online had success. I can't see why it's such a big issue, I figured the community here was helpful and friendly and someone might be willing.

Just to be clear about your post, yes I've tried that and no it did not work. You're right though it did take about 1minute.

mavroxur

Distinguished

It is a community where there are lots of helpful people. However, uploading files from a Microsoft CD is illegal. I apologize for misreading your post, but I will tell you one thing. The problem you are experiencing is most likely stemming from a malware/spyware related issue. The file itself might not be infected, but if SFC has been compromised, all bets are off. And to be honest, the file on your original windows CD probably isn't corrupted. If i were to send you the one from my CD, it would be identical to your CD. It would be identical to everyone elses CD too. The problem doesn't lie there. If your system is that screwed up, just bite the bullet and reload it instead of spending hours on here looking for a file that could've fixed with a reload by now.

jestjest

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

You're telling me nothing I don't already know or haven't pretty much said myself. If you don't want help no problem. It's not malware, I've run countless scans spybot, superspyware,mbam,avast,avg etc.

Also I'm not asking for a copy of the file from your dvd, I'm asking for a copy of the one in the folder I mentioned before, one thats on a system that shows no corruption on the sfc. It's more a curiousity thing at this point, to see if it will work.

Sorry for replying now

Go to start and enter

Sfc /purgecache in the box

When your done

Pop your windows cd in the tray and enter

Sfc /scannow

Still the same messages:

Info CSI 000002ac [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:60{30},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US"\[l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui"; source file in store is also corrupted

Info CSI 000002fc [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:60{30},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US"\[l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui"; source file in store is also corrupted

jestjest

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Everything is fine until the last command, when I get the message "The processs cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". Any idea?

C:\Windows\system32>takeown /f C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\iassdo.dll.mui

SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\iassdo.dll.mui" now ow
ned by user "XXXX-PC\XXXX".

C:\Windows\system32>icacls C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\iassdo.dll.mui /grant admin
istrators:F
processed file: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\iassdo.dll.mui
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

C:\Windows\system32>copy C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-n..ce_iassdo.re
sources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_e86c80b89a3f77b7\iassdo.dll.mui C:
\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\iassdo.dll.mui
Overwrite C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\iassdo.dll.mui? (Yes/No/All): yes
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
0 file(s) copied.

C:\Windows\system32>copy C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-n..ce_iassdo.re
sources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_e86c80b89a3f77b7\iassdo.dll.mui C:
\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\iassdo.dll.mui
Overwrite C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\iassdo.dll.mui? (Yes/No/All): yes
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
0 file(s) copied.

d0nch1ch1o

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Your .mui file is corrupted and not the actual dll file. Replace it with the Mui inside winsxs instead of the syswow64 one. The sfc compares them both and if you read the log file it might say that the backup is also corrupt. If you run a crc check the real file inside syswow64 likely comes out clean while the backup is corrupted. This win 7 sp1 tool only checks 1 way and assumes that it works, sfc will notice the mismatch and assume they are both corrupt. I found this out by using laptop and comparing all the files.