A7V880: Blinking power light

When I turn on my computer the power light is blinking, like, one time
each second. It keeps on blinking until I reboot or turn the computer
off. It doesn't blink every time i boot, but at random.

Is this an indication of some sort of mainboard failure?

I'm using BIOS 1004

==============

> Paul Murphywrote:
"Bach|DK|" <forum@m-b-f-dot-dk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message
> When I turn on my computer the power light is blinking, like, one
time
> each second. It keeps on blinking until I reboot or turn the
computer
> off. It doesn't blink every time i boot, but at random.
>
> Is this an indication of some sort of mainboard failure?
>
> I'm using BIOS 1004
>
> ==============
> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to
hardware
> troubleshooting newsgroups.

Many motherboards do this when they're in powersaving mode. Try
unplugging
the powersupply and while in that state attempt to start the PC (press
its
power button) - then plug it back in and have another go. This should
reset
it from a boot from standby mode to the boot from full shutdown mode.
As for
why its doing it intermittantly, have you always been doing complete
shutdowns or do you sometimes use standby?

Paul

1. Yes, I have used the stand by feature a couple of times.
2. I will try unplugging the powercord and then press the start button
and give you the result.

==============

Bach|DK| wrote:
> When I turn on my computer the power light is blinking, like, one time
> each second. It keeps on blinking until I reboot or turn the computer
> off. It doesn't blink every time i boot, but at random.
>
> Is this an indication of some sort of mainboard failure?
>
> I'm using BIOS 1004

this board is very funny, i almost throw it out of window :)
however i believe that suspend mode has failed and board remember that
and keep blinking even after one reboot (blink means suspend mode)
i sold my top end a7v8x to my friend who wants stable board and i must
say that a7v880 is el cheapo board if i compare it to a7v8x(best model).
one sad thing is ami bios and i'am wondering why all current boards from
asus comes with amibios, well probably it's just price.

"Bach|DK|" <forum@m-b-f-dot-dk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> When I turn on my computer the power light is blinking, like, one time
> each second. It keeps on blinking until I reboot or turn the computer
> off. It doesn't blink every time i boot, but at random.
>
> Is this an indication of some sort of mainboard failure?
>
> I'm using BIOS 1004
>
> ==============
troubleshooting newsgroups.

Many motherboards do this when they're in powersaving mode. Try unplugging
the powersupply and while in that state attempt to start the PC (press its
power button) - then plug it back in and have another go. This should reset
it from a boot from standby mode to the boot from full shutdown mode. As for
why its doing it intermittantly, have you always been doing complete
shutdowns or do you sometimes use standby?

Paul

Well, the blinking stopped after doing the "unplug cord" thing - but
the question is: how long will it last.

We'll see how it goes.

==============

Thought I'd let you know: The "blinking" is back :(

==============

> Paul Murphywrote:
"Bach|DK|" <forum@m-b-f-dot-dk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message
> Thought I'd let you know: The "blinking" is back :(
>
> ==============
> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to
hardware
> troubleshooting newsgroups.

Is that actually causing a problem - i.e. does the machine actually
work
fully/reliably. Has it always done this or is it something that's
just
recently started occurring - if so, what did you do with the machine
prior
to the blinking starting. My thoughts are that if its not posing any
problems, it may not be worth the effort required to make it go away
so
what's wrong with letting it blink away? Are you prepared if need be
to do
lots of part swapping and OS reinstalling?

Paul

The reason for this post was to find out if I was the only one with
this "problem". I thought it might be a start to something going
wrong with the MB. I've found out I wasn't the only one with this
particular issue, so now I'm glad.

It doesn't seem to effect the stability of the system og cause
hardware failure. And it's not OS related, because the blinking
starts before OS is loaded.

==============

"Bach|DK|" <forum@m-b-f-dot-dk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Thought I'd let you know: The "blinking" is back :(
>
> ==============
troubleshooting newsgroups.

Is that actually causing a problem - i.e. does the machine actually work
fully/reliably. Has it always done this or is it something that's just
recently started occurring - if so, what did you do with the machine prior
to the blinking starting. My thoughts are that if its not posing any
problems, it may not be worth the effort required to make it go away so
what's wrong with letting it blink away? Are you prepared if need be to do
lots of part swapping and OS reinstalling?

Paul

I have just discovered that there are 3 conditions:

1. Normal where the light burns all the time.
2. Blinking
3. Off. There is no light i the LED

Getting weird :shock: