need to recover data from disk showing unallocated

inetalled new 160gb disk other disk is now showing
unallocated., I still need the data on it... I dont know
why it did it without warning....help

Did you jumper your old drive as "Slave"?

steve

"jivejimmy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> inetalled new 160gb disk other disk is now showing
> unallocated., I still need the data on it... I dont know
> why it did it without warning....help

yea and it shows up in disk mgr with 5gb usable and the
35gb with the data on as unallocatable....
it does not have a drive letter and when I do a right
mouse click the only option is partition... It was
originally fat32 and soes not show ntfs as type...

"joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<u1xvaKxSEHA.3768@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Did you jumper your old drive as "Slave"?
>
> steve
>
> "jivejimmy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > inetalled new 160gb disk other disk is now showing
> > unallocated., I still need the data on it... I dont know
> > why it did it without warning....help

Go to http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz and see the link
"Simple Steps for Partition Table Recovery". From there its
easy to figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.

Bob