need to recover data from disk showing unallocated

inetalled new 160gb disk other disk is now showing
unallocated., I still need the data on it... I dont know
why it did it without warning....help
3 answers Last reply
More about need recover data disk showing unallocated

    Did you jumper your old drive as "Slave"?

    steve

    "jivejimmy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > inetalled new 160gb disk other disk is now showing
    > unallocated., I still need the data on it... I dont know
    > why it did it without warning....help

    yea and it shows up in disk mgr with 5gb usable and the
    35gb with the data on as unallocatable....
    it does not have a drive letter and when I do a right
    mouse click the only option is partition... It was
    originally fat32 and soes not show ntfs as type...

    "joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<u1xvaKxSEHA.3768@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
    > Did you jumper your old drive as "Slave"?
    >
    > steve
    >
    > "jivejimmy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > inetalled new 160gb disk other disk is now showing
    > > unallocated., I still need the data on it... I dont know
    > > why it did it without warning....help

    Go to http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz and see the link
    "Simple Steps for Partition Table Recovery". From there its
    easy to figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.

    Bob

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP