stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I purchased an NSpire NSP-511U external HDD unit and
installed a WD 80GB HDD in it, then plugged into the USB
2.0 port on my XP 3.0GHZ computer. WIN XP recognized and
installed the driver, and under Devices I get the info
that the device is "working properly." However on the My
Computer menu and other explorer menus the drive does not
show up and I have no way to access it. The jumpers on the
drive are presently set to "slave." I tried all the other
jumper settings and for the others XP returned an error in
installation, so "slave" is the only jumper setting that
appears to make a satisfactory installation. Has anyone
had a similar problem or have any advice?

Hello
You will have to partition and format the drive.

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"Stan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I purchased an NSpire NSP-511U external HDD unit and
> installed a WD 80GB HDD in it, then plugged into the USB
> 2.0 port on my XP 3.0GHZ computer. WIN XP recognized and
> installed the driver, and under Devices I get the info
> that the device is "working properly." However on the My
> Computer menu and other explorer menus the drive does not
> show up and I have no way to access it. The jumpers on the
> drive are presently set to "slave." I tried all the other
> jumper settings and for the others XP returned an error in
> installation, so "slave" is the only jumper setting that
> appears to make a satisfactory installation. Has anyone
> had a similar problem or have any advice?

manger says i need a code10?? have you herd of that????

"Stan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I purchased an NSpire NSP-511U external HDD unit and
> installed a WD 80GB HDD in it, then plugged into the USB
> 2.0 port on my XP 3.0GHZ computer. WIN XP recognized and
> installed the driver, and under Devices I get the info
> that the device is "working properly." However on the My
> Computer menu and other explorer menus the drive does not
> show up and I have no way to access it. The jumpers on the
> drive are presently set to "slave." I tried all the other
> jumper settings and for the others XP returned an error in
> installation, so "slave" is the only jumper setting that
> appears to make a satisfactory installation. Has anyone
> had a similar problem or have any advice?

With the device connected, right click on My Computer and select Manage. On
the following screen, click on Disk Management. It should now show up on the
right hand side of the screen..... assign it a drive letter.

Marcus

> [...]

Code 10 is not enough resources to start the device.

Marcus