Excess ink in Epson 1270

My Epson 1270 has been giving me beautiful photo prints until recently when
it started putting ink spots on the page.

The heads weren't clogged (never had that problem) but I ran a few clean
cycles anyway. Each time it just made the problem worse. After running a
clean cycle, the print head would deposit some ink on several of the paper
feed rollers, and then there would be inky roller marks all the way down the
page.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas??
1 answer Last reply
More about excess epson 1270

    Cleaning cycles and the use of the printer accumulate ink in the bottom of
    the printhead.
    Just use plenty of water to clean the gray rollers. Plenty of
    water because the small rubber rollers contaminate the wide metall roller
    behind of them. Each time you inject water feed a paper (preferable heavy
    weight) to dry both the rollers and the metal roller.
    You can clean further, passing a thin paper towel bellow the printhead,
    while it is stall anywhere in middle possition (to get the printhead in
    "middle" possition you have to umplug the printer WHILE the printhead is
    moving around). You can also clean the rectangular elastic pad bellow the
    printhead in the parking position, and the wiper blade beside it.

    --
    Yianni
    in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

    "Stan Kazmiruk" <sjkazmirukREMOVE-NO-SPAM@msn.com> wrote in message

    > My Epson 1270 has been giving me beautiful photo prints until recently
    when
    > it started putting ink spots on the page.
    >
    > The heads weren't clogged (never had that problem) but I ran a few clean
    > cycles anyway. Each time it just made the problem worse. After running a
    > clean cycle, the print head would deposit some ink on several of the paper
    > feed rollers, and then there would be inky roller marks all the way down
    the
    > page.
    >
    > Anyone else seen this? Any ideas??

Printers Photo Epson Peripherals