Sign in with
Your question

Port multiplier

Last response: in Windows 7
January 19, 2011 12:46:59 AM

Hello,does the aspire x3810 Motherboard support a port multiplier external sata drive. I bought a probox smart family externat that contains 4 hard drives but my sata port doesn't see the drives but when I connect it to the usb port I can see all the drives. I've been looking for an upgrade to the processor to see if that will help, If anyone knows if this machine supports a port multiplier pls advise me how to chenge the settings or whatever I have to do.
Thanks in advance for any info

More about : port multiplier

a b \ Driver
a c 243 $ Windows 7
January 19, 2011 2:15:02 PM

Upgrading the processor will have no bearing on your issue.

Which specific x3810 do you have? There are several variants (need your complete model number), but from my initial look at a few versions, it doesn't look like your eSATA will support multiple drives (no port multiplier).
m
l
January 25, 2011 4:04:16 PM

I have the acer Aspire X3800 4.5 Windows Experience Index
Intel(R) Core(TM)
Quad CPU Q8300 @
2.50 GHz 2.50 GHz
64 Bit Operating system
6 gig of memory
Windows 7 Home Premium
I hope this is enough info, if not please let me know what else and where to find the info
Dave
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a c 243 $ Windows 7
January 26, 2011 2:26:29 PM

The Acer model number is somewhere on the case itself. Regardless, looks like your system doesn't support the function.
m
l
February 5, 2011 1:49:59 AM

COLGeek said:
The Acer model number is somewhere on the case itself. Regardless, looks like your system doesn't support the function.

The Model number is Q8300
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 243 $ Windows 7
February 5, 2011 2:05:46 AM

david2498 said:
The Model number is Q8300

Thais the model number of the Intel processor your system has in it. Is there an Acer label on the back of the system? If so, it may have the specific Acer model number. Regardless, from what I could determine, your system does not support the function you desire.
m
l
!