BIOS settings for overclocking a 440BX

Hi, all

I have an Asus P2B MB with a 440BX chipset and would like to install a
PIII-650 using an Abit slotket.

My question is, what BIOS settings would I use?

In particular: SDRAM Configuration
SDRAM CAS Latency
SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay
SDRAM RAS Precharge time
SDRAM Dram Idle Timer
SDRAM MA Wait State

Please forgive me in advance, I'm new to overclocking.

Any and all replies would certainly be appreciated.

ed.

Crosspost: altcomp.periphs.mainboard
alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus

Paul

Splendid

In article <B5ydnauNEaeWmrzcRVn-qA@comcast.com>, "ed collins"
<emacduffie@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I have an Asus P2B MB with a 440BX chipset and would like to install a
> PIII-650 using an Abit slotket.
>
> My question is, what BIOS settings would I use?
>
> In particular: SDRAM Configuration
> SDRAM CAS Latency
> SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay
> SDRAM RAS Precharge time
> SDRAM Dram Idle Timer
> SDRAM MA Wait State
>
> Please forgive me in advance, I'm new to overclocking.
>
> Any and all replies would certainly be appreciated.
>
> ed.

You can download a manual from here:

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P2B&Type=All

In the BIOS section, you can use the default of [By SPD],
and then the BIOS reads the values for the other settings
from the tiny eight pin SPD chip on each DIMM.

"SDRAM Configuration (By SPD)
This sets the optimal timings for items 2-5. Leave on
default setting."

When booted in Windows, you can use this program (second link
shows picture of program info).

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
http://www.abxzone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7213

to see what timings are being used.