Samsung RMA contact needed

Anyone have an RMA contact for returning a bad memory module directly to
Samsung?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:14:06 GMT, Barry Watzman
<WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:

>Anyone have an RMA contact for returning a bad memory module directly to
>Samsung?

Nope, not the answer. Just making your thread look busy. If you get an
answer i'll try the same. I have a dead Corsair module and Corsair
tells me that I have to be the original purchaser to be able to RMA
it, otherwise zilch. Lifetime warranty, but zilch. They're evil.

good luck.

eric

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:51:21 +0200, eric@egypt.net wrote:

>Lifetime warranty

They probably meant the lifetime of the spider in the corner of their
lab!

Cheers,

Guy

** I may not be perfect, but I'm
** English, and that's the next best thing!

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:51:21 +0200, eric@egypt.net said:
>On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:14:06 GMT, Barry Watzman
><WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Anyone have an RMA contact for returning a bad memory module directly to
>>Samsung?
>
>Nope, not the answer. Just making your thread look busy. If you get an
>answer i'll try the same. I have a dead Corsair module and Corsair
>tells me that I have to be the original purchaser to be able to RMA
>it, otherwise zilch. Lifetime warranty, but zilch. They're evil.

If I'm not mistaken, Corsair RAM is effectively rebadged memory chips
with shiny heatspreaders. There is a possibility, albeit scant, that
you can deduce the true manufacturer (often Samsung or Winbond for such
"generic" modules) and appeal to them for a replacement.

Incidentally, how do Corsair identify the original purchaser? Do they
track the chips by serial number? Do they demand a receipt from their
own online store?

Max Attar Feingold
maf6 at cornell dot edu
http://almonaster.sourceforge.net/mfeingol/

[Not speaking for my employer]

TomC

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

If the others in this NG are going to jerk you around...

Assuming that you are in the US, try calling (800) 321-6993, authorized
Samsung service center.

TomC

> Anyone have an RMA contact for returning a bad memory module directly to
> Samsung?

Why don't you try to ask some Corsair resellers to do the RMA for you. Just
pay them a small service fee to cover the costs of the RMA processing and
shipping. I think most Corsair resellers will be more than happy to do the
RMA for you.

"Max Attar Feingold" <maf6@nospam.cornell.edu> wrote in message

> Incidentally, how do Corsair identify the original purchaser? Do they
> track the chips by serial number? Do they demand a receipt from their
> own online store?

Memory vendors usually track RMA returns by the original invoice number of
the
memory purchase. Some vendors such as Kingston and Viking do not track
serial numbers or invoice
numbers for their RMA return. You just go online and fill-out an online RMA
form. That's it.
--
David Wang - Tech Support
Extreme Node - Blade servers based on the standard ATX form factor