Slave not showing up?

I have installed a slave drive on my XP box and it shows up in the
Device Manager as being installed correctly and functioning properly
but I cannot view the drive in Disk Management or in My Computer.
What is going on, broken drive?

The first thing I would do is to check the Event Viewer
and see if there's a clue . . . (I assume there's nothing
there)

I also assume the drive is detected by the BIOS but you
don't say . .

Next I would probably boot from a DOS disk (Win98, pick
your flavor), run FDISK and see if the drive appears (i.e.
there are 5 options when you get into FDISK). If it
doesn't then it's probably either bad or not installed
correctly (cable loose, jumper wrong, etc.).

If it DOES appear in FDISK then I would go back to Windows
and try the Add Hardware wizard in Control Panel . . . or
try a different drive and see if IT appears in
Windows . . .

Good Luck !