CL_FushEntityPacket

Last response: in Video Games
August 10, 2005 7:19:41 AM

Hi everyone, I have this problem thats driving me insane!! Played
cstrike on my pc for 2 years now, never any significant problems. But
about 3 months ago i started getting this spawn of satan error message
"Warning CL_FlushEntityPacket"!! I've read about people who get's this
sometimes, but I get that message ALL THE TIME. I havent played for 3
weeks, tried every day! It's just luck that my !#?" PC havent gone
through the window yet.

There are no spayware on my pc, neither do i have any viruses. Nor have
i done any changes to my config file, steam settings and hardware
configuration, recall it has worked fine for two years.

The only thing i've noticed is that my internet connection is a bit
unstable these days. I'm suppose to have 2 Mbits (2048), but when i try
diffrent online mesuring tools it varies from 300-1800!! Regular web
surfing works fine, but playing cstrike dont work at all. Everytime i
join a server, CL_FlushEntityPacket comes up on the screen and my ping
goes from 60-70 to 300-1500, I freeze. One time i stayed on the server
for 1 hour and it didnt go away. And these servers are in my favorites,
been playing them for years.

I've been in contact with my ISP, but they dont no what could be wrong,
does anybody have a clue? Maybe i could give them a hint.

Anybody who solves this is gonna get a child named after them.

Maybe this is GOD's way of telling me to stop playing cstrike?! :-)

More about : fushentitypacket

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 9:17:34 AM

Hi dr. ratt thanks for trying to solve my problem, but my isp is
fikas.no of Norway, and its cable not adsl/dsl.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:08:59 PM

On 10 Aug 2005 03:19:41 -0700, "lillegrill" <magne.eliassen@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi everyone, I have this problem thats driving me insane!! Played
>cstrike on my pc for 2 years now, never any significant problems. But
>about 3 months ago i started getting this spawn of satan error message
>"Warning CL_FlushEntityPacket"!! I've read about people who get's this
>sometimes, but I get that message ALL THE TIME. I havent played for 3
>weeks, tried every day! It's just luck that my !#?" PC havent gone
>through the window yet.
>
>There are no spayware on my pc, neither do i have any viruses. Nor have
>i done any changes to my config file, steam settings and hardware
>configuration, recall it has worked fine for two years.
>
>The only thing i've noticed is that my internet connection is a bit
>unstable these days. I'm suppose to have 2 Mbits (2048), but when i try
>diffrent online mesuring tools it varies from 300-1800!! Regular web
>surfing works fine, but playing cstrike dont work at all. Everytime i
>join a server, CL_FlushEntityPacket comes up on the screen and my ping
>goes from 60-70 to 300-1500, I freeze. One time i stayed on the server
>for 1 hour and it didnt go away. And these servers are in my favorites,
>been playing them for years.
>
>I've been in contact with my ISP, but they dont no what could be wrong,
>does anybody have a clue? Maybe i could give them a hint.
>
>Anybody who solves this is gonna get a child named after them.
>
>Maybe this is GOD's way of telling me to stop playing cstrike?! :-)

if your connection is dsl, it could be the line as bt is upgrading
parts of the network.
check here -
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/phoneno.php
to see if your area is affected.

dr ratt

----------------------
trust me.
i know what i'm doing.
----------------------
Related resources
August 10, 2005 5:40:02 PM

lillegrill <magne.eliassen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi dr. ratt thanks for trying to solve my problem, but my isp is
> fikas.no of Norway, and its cable not adsl/dsl.

Have you actually checked your Steam settings recently?
Steam has had a nasty habit (bug!) of changing the internet connection speed
setting without any warning, usually after a Steam update.
I've had the problem you describe and it was because Steam had changed my
setting.
Also check your firewall isn't blocking HL.exe.
Sometimes, after a Steam update, you have to re-allow the HL.exe program, in
your Steam 'counter-strike' directory, internet access through your
firewall. You could even try turning off your firewall to see if that's
causing the problem.

Let us know if that helps!
Good luck

Uzi
August 10, 2005 6:12:03 PM

Another tip from personal experience....

When you do a server refresh in your Steam server browser do you get
reasonable/normal pings showing?
If the answer is 'YES' this is a clue to the root cause of the problem.
I have found that if Steam has wrongly changed the internet speed setting,
you CAN still get good, fairly normal pings showing in the Steam server
browser when you 'refresh' it.
The Steam server browser works independently from the HL.exe program.
But once you enter the actual game, on a server showing a decent browser
ping, the wrong Steam internet speed setting becomes critical and causes
problems you describe.

Now I check my settings and config rates every time before I play. I don't
trust Steam and its strange behaviour at all!

I hope that helps.

Uzi
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 9:56:59 AM

Thanks everybody. My problem is resolved :-), didn't now steam had a
habbit of changing my internett settings after update, have never
happend to me before. I'm a little imbarrest of the whole thing, as i
have a master degree in computer science :-) oh'well thx everybody!!

Magne
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 2:12:26 AM

> Thanks everybody. My problem is resolved :-), didn't now steam had a
> habbit of changing my internett settings after update, have never
> happend to me before. I'm a little imbarrest of the whole thing, as i
> have a master degree in computer science :-) oh'well thx everybody!!

Don't worry about it, I too have a computer science degree and spent nearly an
hour this morning troubleshooting my internet connection. I had unplugged my
router to charge my ipod. Temporary stupidity can strike anyone.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:27:17 AM

"DustJunky" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "lillegrill" <magne.eliassen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks everybody. My problem is resolved :-), didn't now steam had a
> > habbit of changing my internett settings after update, have never
> > happend to me before. I'm a little imbarrest of the whole thing, as i
> > have a master degree in computer science :-) oh'well thx everybody!!
> >

> Don't worry about it, I too have a computer science degree and spent
nearly an
> hour this morning troubleshooting my internet connection. I had unplugged
my
> router to charge my ipod. Temporary stupidity can strike anyone.

blah they just hand degrees out these days >_>
April 11, 2008 9:48:28 AM

Apparently, you can solve this problem by typing the following into the console.

cl_cmdrate 30 => change it to 10
April 11, 2008 1:18:07 PM

I am sure the opening poster will appreciate your help, 3 years after posting his question.
!