ink transfer from one cartridge to another - IMG_0001.jpg ..

I just changed the BCI-6Y cartridge on my i-560 for the first time. I
noticed that the felt pad at the output port was almost black and the
dark color had migrated up into the cartridge (see attached image). Is
this normal? If not, what could cause it?
2 answers Last reply
More about transfer cartridge img_0001

    Hahahahahhahah

    "Ken" <kandjh@comcastDOTnet> wrote in message
    > I just changed the BCI-6Y cartridge on my i-560 for the first time. I
    > noticed that the felt pad at the output port was almost black and the
    > dark color had migrated up into the cartridge (see attached image). Is
    > this normal? If not, what could cause it?

    I've had something similar hapen on the BCI-3y ink tank (it's
    actually not a cartridge) on an older BJC-6000. But it was
    always after using the cartridge for a period of time and
    was corrected by replacing the actual cartridge part
    (BC-30 or BC-31). I just replaced the cartridge; it
    had lasted about two years. I don't know whether the same
    issue arises for the newer i-560.

    Ken wrote:
    > I just changed the BCI-6Y cartridge on my i-560 for the first time. I
    > noticed that the felt pad at the output port was almost black and the
    > dark color had migrated up into the cartridge (see attached image). Is
    > this normal? If not, what could cause it?

Printers Peripherals