ink transfer from one cartridge to another - IMG_0001.jpg ..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
April 25, 2004 4:59:29 PM

I just changed the BCI-6Y cartridge on my i-560 for the first time. I
noticed that the felt pad at the output port was almost black and the
dark color had migrated up into the cartridge (see attached image). Is
this normal? If not, what could cause it?
April 25, 2004 11:06:48 PM

Hahahahahhahah

"Ken" <kandjh@comcastDOTnet> wrote in message
> I just changed the BCI-6Y cartridge on my i-560 for the first time. I
> noticed that the felt pad at the output port was almost black and the
> dark color had migrated up into the cartridge (see attached image). Is
> this normal? If not, what could cause it?
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 1:09:33 AM

I've had something similar hapen on the BCI-3y ink tank (it's
actually not a cartridge) on an older BJC-6000. But it was
always after using the cartridge for a period of time and
was corrected by replacing the actual cartridge part
(BC-30 or BC-31). I just replaced the cartridge; it
had lasted about two years. I don't know whether the same
issue arises for the newer i-560.

!