Computer restarts when cd is put into DVD/CDRW drive

Hi
recently i have developed a problem with my dual drive-
every time i put a cd into the drive, the computer
immediately shuts down, restarts, and some files end up
being damaged. I noticed this happened a few times last
month, but it has been happening quite regularly that i
can barely play and music cds, I definitely can't put any
blank cds to record anything, and i can't put program
disks in either without the computer shutting down. I had
problems with my dvd drive and cd drive in the past and
had to replace both of them. I also have been having
regular problems with MSN 9 and that has been crashing my
computer as well. Any suggestions on how to fix this
cd/dvd drive problem? I have no other media drives so this
is important to fix! thanks!
Gina

Hi,

QUESTION:
==========
recently i have developed a problem with my dual drive- every time i put a
cd into the drive, the computer immediately shuts down, restarts, and some
files end up being damaged. I noticed this happened a few times last
month, but it has been happening quite regularly that i can barely play and
music cds, I definitely can't put any blank cds to record anything, and i
can't put program disks in either without the computer shutting down. I
had problems with my dvd drive and cd drive in the past and had to replace
both of them. I also have been having regular problems with MSN 9 and that
has been crashing my computer as well. Any suggestions on how to fix this
cd/dvd drive problem? I have no other media drives so this is important to
fix! thanks!

SOLUTION:
==========
Please see if the Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.0 or Direct CD 5.0 program is
installed on your computer. If yes, please contact Roxio, or visit the
following Roxio Web site to download and install the updated driver for
Easy CD Creator 5.0 for Windows XP:
http://www.roxio.com

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find
technical support. This contact information may change without notice.
Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact
information. To work around this issue, remove Roxio Easy CD Creator or
Direct CD.

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.