Good Reference Book

I'm looking for suggestions for a reference book, "layman" level - I
have one from the library, PC Magazine's "Guide for Home Networking", by
Les Freed, and see many others at Amazon. I do have a working 2 computer
wireless LAN setup at home and want the book in case of any problems
that might pop up, as they do from time to time.

"Dan Wenz" <djwenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:msOdnU2SEawnZ1DcRVn-vw@comcast.com...
> I'm looking for suggestions for a reference book, "layman" level - I
> have one from the library, PC Magazine's "Guide for Home Networking", by
> Les Freed, and see many others at Amazon. I do have a working 2 computer
> wireless LAN setup at home and want the book in case of any problems
> that might pop up, as they do from time to time.

The Murphy Laws Complete - indispensable source of wisdom on wireless networking,
and networking in general.

Seriously, this technology is still in development, so any printed book you
could find will be either too academic or too technical, or obsolete.
The most current info in on the web and periodic press.
Keep handy links to support web sites for all your equipment.

--PA

Pavel A. wrote:

> The Murphy Laws Complete - indispensable source of wisdom on wireless networking,
> and networking in general.
>
> Seriously, this technology is still in development, so any printed book you
> could find will be either too academic or too technical, or obsolete.
> The most current info in on the web and periodic press.
> Keep handy links to support web sites for all your equipment.

Thanks! I always look for dates before buying a reference book in my
"hobbies", and invariably wish that they had been looseleaf editions!
The Web and newsgroups are my best sources of info., as my joining of
this Group exemplifies (Is that a real word?).

"Dan Wenz" <djwenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:t4Kdnb-3B7cCSVPcRVn-1w@comcast.com...
> as my joining of
> this Group exemplifies (Is that a real word?).

definitely! and don't forget the Murphy Laws.

--PA

Pavel A. wrote:

>>as my joining of
>>this Group exemplifies (Is that a real word?).
>

> definitely! and don't forget the Murphy Laws.

Sure, like, "Bread always falls jelly side down", etc.