Tribes: Ascend Launches Next Month; Parody Video Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaucyRMD

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
I played Tribes 2 immediatelly after obsessment with Counter-Strike dropped... it was a fun game, took forever to master all the weaponry. Jet Packs FTW

I hate all the 'realistic shooters' out there. They are not fun, they do not feel real, and I find them to be more stressful than anything else. I love games like Tribes1/2/A and UT2K4 where you just go 1000 miles an hour with 32 of your 'friends' and go nuts. Not the prettiest games out there (Ascend really looks like ut2k4 with better textures), but man are they a ton of fun to play. Even if you suck at it you at least get a good show of the ragdoll physics which can be pretty fun :)

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Reminds me of Quake 2 CTF where skill was required, not just spamming the map with grenades hoping to get lucky frags. I agree with caedenv. Realistic shooters are boring and clumsy. Give me something fast paced that takes practice!

gmcizzle

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
T:A is a great game and the devs listen a ton to community feedback. I've been playing for a few months now and also started to play in the competitive scene. If you are a fan of UT/Quake or looking for a fun FPS to play that actually requires some skill you should definitely check it out...it is free after all!

Alberio

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Oddly enough, the sys spec requirements are too high. I can currently play 1366x768 on high with an intel Core Duo P7450 @2.13 and an NVIDIA GTX 260m. It's nice to know they heavily optimized the game

G

beetlejuicegr: what do you mean by "can't wait ti remember UT99"??

for me ut99 was the best online game ever made, and i cannot delete it, so please tell me, the same ut99 is gonna do a come back with new&awesome engine?

Farfolomew

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
T:A's success will all be hinged on whether it will be modable or not. Both Tribes1 and Tribes2 have endured to this day thanks to the awesome modding support Dynamix built into both games. Tribes Vengeance failed miserably because it lacked that support. So far the T:A devs have said it won't be moddable but here's hoping they become wise. And for those that might doubt the importance of modding, Counterstrike was originally a mod of Half Life =).

Status
Not open for further replies.