USB startup problem when xp boots up.

terry

Hi,

I have bought a wireless USB-Network adapter(802.11b) recently. I have
a problem to use it in one of the computers. I find it cannot be
recognized when XP boots up. However, when I unplug the USB and plug
it again, it can be recognized.

Why?

This problem is not found in my other 2 computers. I have tried
reinstall the driver but the problem remains.

Thanks!

Hi,

QUESTION:
==========
I have bought a wireless USB-Network adapter(802.11b) recently. I have
a problem to use it in one of the computers. I find it cannot be
recognized when XP boots up. However, when I unplug the USB and plug
it again, it can be recognized.

Why?

This problem is not found in my other 2 computers. I have tried
reinstall the driver but the problem remains.

Thanks!

SOLUTION:
Please remove all the USB devices except USB keyboard and start the system.
Then reboot the system and connect the USB-Network adapter.
In this way you change the way the order the USB devices get detected.

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.