USB startup problem when xp boots up.

Hi,

I have bought a wireless USB-Network adapter(802.11b) recently. I have
a problem to use it in one of the computers. I find it cannot be
recognized when XP boots up. However, when I unplug the USB and plug
it again, it can be recognized.

Why?

This problem is not found in my other 2 computers. I have tried
reinstall the driver but the problem remains.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about startup problem boots

    Hi,

    QUESTION:
    ==========
    I have bought a wireless USB-Network adapter(802.11b) recently. I have
    a problem to use it in one of the computers. I find it cannot be
    recognized when XP boots up. However, when I unplug the USB and plug
    it again, it can be recognized.

    Why?

    This problem is not found in my other 2 computers. I have tried
    reinstall the driver but the problem remains.

    Thanks!

    SOLUTION:
    Please remove all the USB devices except USB keyboard and start the system.
    Then reboot the system and connect the USB-Network adapter.
    In this way you change the way the order the USB devices get detected.

    Hope this helps ...... :)

    Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

    The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Computers USB Windows XP