DVD problem

Win XP Home
Duron 1100
Kudoz 7A mainboard
BTC DVD Rom - Secondary Master
Traxdata CD-RW - Secondary Slave

I can't open the drive door tray. XP lists the device
working ok. Software eject or pressing the button does
work.
Changed drive cables, no change.
Same happens with an Aopen DVD 1648.
Have disconnected CD-RW, no change.
I tried booting from a floppy with CDRom support but still
couldn't open the drive door tray. Assumed hardware
problem was reproduced on another QDI mainboard!

Has anyone had a similar problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about problem

    ----- Ian Thompson wrote: -----

    Win XP Home
    Duron 1100
    Kudoz 7A mainboard
    BTC DVD Rom - Secondary Master
    Traxdata CD-RW - Secondary Slave

    I can't open the drive door tray. XP lists the device
    working ok. Software eject or pressing the button does
    work.
    Changed drive cables, no change.
    Same happens with an Aopen DVD 1648.
    Have disconnected CD-RW, no change.
    I tried booting from a floppy with CDRom support but still
    couldn't open the drive door tray. Assumed hardware
    problem was reproduced on another QDI mainboard!

    Has anyone had a similar problem?

    Try sticking a paper clip or similar object in the small hole in front,It should release the tray.

    NOT does
    > work.
    > Changed drive cables, no change.
    > Same happens with an Aopen DVD 1648.
    > Have disconnected CD-RW, no change.
    > I tried booting from a floppy with CDRom support but
    still
    > couldn't open the drive door tray. Assumed hardware
    > BUT problem was reproduced on another QDI mainboard!
    >
    > Has anyone had a similar problem?
    >
    >Try sticking a paper clip or similar object in the small
    hole in front,It should release the tray.

    >.
    >Yes, I can open with the manual release. regards Ian T

    Do you definately have power going to the drive. If the dvd is the only
    drive with this problem and it behaves like this on a different computer or
    when you use different power cables you might have a duff dvd drive and
    probably need a new one.

    Enigma

    "Ian Thompson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Win XP Home
    > Duron 1100
    > Kudoz 7A mainboard
    > BTC DVD Rom - Secondary Master
    > Traxdata CD-RW - Secondary Slave
    >
    > I can't open the drive door tray. XP lists the device
    > working ok. Software eject or pressing the button does
    > work.
    > Changed drive cables, no change.
    > Same happens with an Aopen DVD 1648.
    > Have disconnected CD-RW, no change.
    > I tried booting from a floppy with CDRom support but still
    > couldn't open the drive door tray. Assumed hardware
    > problem was reproduced on another QDI mainboard!
    >
    > Has anyone had a similar problem?

Windows XP