Win XP Home
Duron 1100
Kudoz 7A mainboard
BTC DVD Rom - Secondary Master
Traxdata CD-RW - Secondary Slave

I can't open the drive door tray. XP lists the device
working ok. Software eject or pressing the button does
work.
Changed drive cables, no change.
Same happens with an Aopen DVD 1648.
Have disconnected CD-RW, no change.
I tried booting from a floppy with CDRom support but still
couldn't open the drive door tray. Assumed hardware
problem was reproduced on another QDI mainboard!

Has anyone had a similar problem?

map

----- Ian Thompson wrote: -----

Win XP Home
Duron 1100
Kudoz 7A mainboard
BTC DVD Rom - Secondary Master
Traxdata CD-RW - Secondary Slave

I can't open the drive door tray. XP lists the device
working ok. Software eject or pressing the button does
work.
Changed drive cables, no change.
Same happens with an Aopen DVD 1648.
Have disconnected CD-RW, no change.
I tried booting from a floppy with CDRom support but still
couldn't open the drive door tray. Assumed hardware
problem was reproduced on another QDI mainboard!

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Try sticking a paper clip or similar object in the small hole in front,It should release the tray.

NOT does
> work.
> Changed drive cables, no change.
> Same happens with an Aopen DVD 1648.
> Have disconnected CD-RW, no change.
> I tried booting from a floppy with CDRom support but
still
> couldn't open the drive door tray. Assumed hardware
> BUT problem was reproduced on another QDI mainboard!
>
> Has anyone had a similar problem?
>
>Try sticking a paper clip or similar object in the small
hole in front,It should release the tray.

>.
>Yes, I can open with the manual release. regards Ian T

Glen

Do you definately have power going to the drive. If the dvd is the only
drive with this problem and it behaves like this on a different computer or
when you use different power cables you might have a duff dvd drive and
probably need a new one.

Enigma