No dma sw mode support for cd writer

Hi, I have an Asus P4PE and Intel Application Accelerator but I cannot
get DMA support for my cd writer to work, secifically it says in IAA
DMA SW Mode Support: No Support.

Operating System
Windows XP (Build 5.1.2600, Service Pack 2)

Platform Information
Processor Type: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Processor
Processor level: Family 15
Processor Revision: Model 2 Stepping 9
Active Processor Mask: 1
Number of Processors: 1

Controller Information
IDE Controller: Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Controller, ICH4
Storage Kit Build(s): 2.3.0.2164,
Storage Kit Installed: 2.3.0.2164
Driver Build: Intel Application Accelerator Driver
Driver Version: Feature not supported by driver.
IDE Controller Tri-State: IDE Controller enabled
PIO Mode Support: 0 - 2 - 3 - 4
DMA SW Mode Support: 2
DMA MW Mode Support: 1 - 2
UDMA Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Disk Timeout Value: Default
CDROM Timeout Value: Default
CD Audio Timeout Value: Default
UDMA on 80 conductor cable only: Default, Disabled
Flush Enable: Default, Disabled
Ping Pong Enable: Enabled

Channel Information
Primary Channel
No Data
Secondary Channel
No Data

Device Information
Primary Master: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8161B
Model: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8161B
Firmware: 0100
Device Type: ATAPI - Removable - CDROM
PIO Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
DMA SW Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2
DMA MW Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2
UDMA Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2
Default Transfer Mode: UDMA-2
Current Transfer Mode: UDMA-2
Transfer Mode Limit: No Limit
Cable Type (Device): 40 Conductor
Cable Type (Host): 40 Conductor
PIO PPE: Disabled
UDMA Control Register: Ultra DMA Mode Disabled
Auto-Acoustic Management: Feature not supported by
device.
Dynamic APM on AC: Feature not supported by device.
Dynamic APM on Battery: Feature not supported by
device.

Primary Slave: SONY CD-RW CRX230ED
Model: SONY CD-RW CRX230ED
Firmware: 4YS1
Device Type: ATAPI - Removable - CDROM
PIO Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
DMA SW Mode Support: No Support
DMA MW Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2
UDMA Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2
Current Transfer Mode: UDMA-2
Transfer Mode Limit: No Limit
Cable Type (Device): 40 Conductor
Cable Type (Host): 40 Conductor
PIO PPE: Disabled
UDMA Control Register: Ultra DMA Mode Disabled
Auto-Acoustic Management: Feature not supported by
device.
Dynamic APM on AC: Feature not supported by device.
Dynamic APM on Battery: Feature not supported by device.
1 answer Last reply
More about mode support writer

    Make sure that your IDE cables are 80-pin and not 40-pin to achieve speeds
    higher than DMA33. This report says they are 40-pin cables.

    "ggroups2" <ggroups2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    > Dynamic APM on Battery: Feature not supported by
    > device.
    >

    > Primary Slave: SONY CD-RW CRX230ED
    > Model: SONY CD-RW CRX230ED
    > Firmware: 4YS1
    > Device Type: ATAPI - Removable - CDROM
    > PIO Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
    > DMA SW Mode Support: No Support
    > DMA MW Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2
    > UDMA Mode Support: 0 - 1 - 2
    > Default Transfer Mode: UDMA-2
    > Current Transfer Mode: UDMA-2
    > Transfer Mode Limit: No Limit
    > Cable Type (Device): 40 Conductor
    > Cable Type (Host): 40 Conductor
    > PIO PPE: Disabled
    > UDMA Control Register: Ultra DMA Mode Disabled
    > Auto-Acoustic Management: Feature not supported by
    > device.
    > Dynamic APM on AC: Feature not supported by device.
    > Dynamic APM on Battery: Feature not supported by device.

Asus DMA Support Processors CD-Rom Motherboards