Need my Word back!

Having just lost everything on my laptop and installed
the product recovery CD, how do I get my Microsoft Office
back?
When I bought my Toshiba laptop (18 months ago), office
was pre-installed and I have no disk with which to
retrieve it.

I know this is probably obvious, any help Please!

Thanks

PAUL

Greetings --

The OEM Microsoft Office installation CD _should_ have been
included in the laptops packaging, along with all of the other
Recovery CDs and documentation. If it wasn't, you've two options:

1) Contact Toshiba about obtaining a replacement OEM Microsoft Office
installation CD. This may prove futile, however, as most companies
require you to report items missing from shipments within 30 days.
You're also now 6 months beyond the usual 12 month warranty period,
unless you purchased an extended warranty.

2) Purchase a retail license and installation CD for the Microsoft
Office version and edition of your choice. If all you need is
Microsoft Word, you might consider the Microsoft Works _Suite_, rather
than Office, as it is much less expensive and includes Word.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

Paul_In_Surrey wrote:
> Having just lost everything on my laptop and installed
> the product recovery CD, how do I get my Microsoft Office
> back?
> When I bought my Toshiba laptop (18 months ago), office
> was pre-installed and I have no disk with which to
> retrieve it.
>
> I know this is probably obvious, any help Please!

If the laptop came with it pre-installed and it is on your invoice as being
installed (Just word or was it word/excel/powerpoint?) then when you used
the system restore CDs, everything should have been as it was when you
bought it. If it is not, it is Toshiba's job to make it right.

However, you need to find out because it is possible if you bought it from a
store (say it was a commercial demo unit) that the store had installed it
and forgotten to remove it when they sold it to you.

--
<- Shenan ->