building maps

How can I build maps for CS:S ? I downloaded a program call "HAMMER" but
when I fired it up it complains about doing something in the options setup
screen and I belive I have everything there ok. Is there a dummy guide to
create maps on CS:S ?

Is it worth buying the CS : condition ZERO ? Do I need it to build maps or
witht the CS:S that came off HL2 will do ?

thanks

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page