CD Drive question

MY CD burner stopped in the middle of a session, saying
that the drive was busy. When I try to access it now, it
says that the drive is busy, and my computer freezes for a
while. Also, it won't open, whether I try to open it with
a program, or press its eject button. It doesn't respond
any other way. How can I fix this?

"James Howlett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18cc201c44bf3$a085dcc0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> MY CD burner stopped in the middle of a session, saying
> that the drive was busy. When I try to access it now, it
> says that the drive is busy, and my computer freezes for a
> while. Also, it won't open, whether I try to open it with
> a program, or press its eject button. It doesn't respond
> any other way. How can I fix this?

Congrats with a nice new coaster :)
Completely shutdown your PC (turn the power OFF) and restart it.
While it restarts, eject the CD - this should work
(otherwice shutdown again and open the drive with an emergency pin ).
If this happens again, don't run any other programs while you burn
(especially, various media players).

--PA

The only way I can get it to open is by way of the
emergency pin. I'd said that it won't open when I press
the button. Also, when I do try to open it, a spinning CD
icon flashes up by my mouse.