Reset my SATA on ASUS board

I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and recently installed a Maxtor 250gig SATA.
It was working fine until a reset the settings in the BIOS when hitting F8
during boot up to try and trouble shot a problem. I do not remember if the
issue started before or after, but not, I can not see that drive at all. Is
there something that needs to be set on this board in the BIOS? the jumper
on the board is set right and all. Any other ideas of what could of caused
this? What all can I check? If I uninstall the Max Blast 3 software and
reinstall it, will I loose the data that I put on that drive? Thanks much.

peter

Under Advanced Bios Features that drive should be set to SCSI or if its the only
HD you can get away with HD0 setting .
On my A7N8X del I have it listed as 2nd boot device..SCSI
peter