P4P800SE USB2.0 Driver under XP Pro.

Dear Group,

I recently upgraded to the p4p800se and under device manager I only have 1
"!" device and I bet it's the USB2.0. I already installed the chipset
driver and am wondering why I would have that "!" in the DM.

I also enabled usb 2.0 in the bios.

I saw this file (third file) from asus's site on usb 2.0 driver for win2k
only.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4P800%20SE&Type=Latest

Should I install this? Or should Windows update have usb 2.0 driver for the
i865 boards later?

Thanks.

-bron

Bronney Hui wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> I recently upgraded to the p4p800se and under device manager I only have 1
> "!" device and I bet it's the USB2.0. I already installed the chipset
> driver and am wondering why I would have that "!" in the DM.
>
> I also enabled usb 2.0 in the bios.
>
> I saw this file (third file) from asus's site on usb 2.0 driver for win2k
> only.
>
> http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4P800%20SE&Type=Latest
>
> Should I install this? Or should Windows update have usb 2.0 driver for the
> i865 boards later?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -bron

Windows XP SP1 and later should have the USB2.0 drivers built in.

TRENDING THREADS