Wireless Intellimouse Explorer Left Mouse Button

I have a Wireless Intellimouse Explorer. After not moving the mouse for a
few seconds the left button ceases to work. Moving the mouse does nothing. I
have to hit the right mouse button in order to "wake up" the left mouse
button. Then the left button works until I stop moving the mouse again. Any
Ideas??

Jim
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless intellimouse explorer left mouse button

    I assume you have the IntelliMouse software installed, go
    to Control Panel, open the Mouse applet and see if the
    left mouse button has been changed to DISABLED. You'll
    have to navigate using the keyboard. Ctrl + Esc will
    bring up the Start Menu, arrow up to (Settings) Control
    Panel and use the Tab key to move to the main body, then
    the arrow keys to move to the Mouse applet and when it has
    focus, press Enter. Then look to see how the left-mouse
    button is set, use the up/down arrows to change if
    necessary, use the Tab key to get to the Apply and OK keys.

    Good Luck !

    Yes, if still under warranty, claim it.
    "Jim Menne" <j.d.menne@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Wireless Intellimouse Explorer. After not moving the mouse for a
    > few seconds the left button ceases to work. Moving the mouse does nothing.
    > have to hit the right mouse button in order to "wake up" the left mouse
    > button. Then the left button works until I stop moving the mouse again.
    Any
    > Ideas??
    >
    > Jim

Mice Wireless Intellimouse Explorer Windows XP