p4pe problems with raid 0 under winxp

hi there,

i'm using the onboard promise raid controller on a asus p4pe
mainboard. i have configured the controller to use 2 sata hdd in a
raid 0. this all worked fine, but when i started winxp i can't see the
hdd... so far so good, i think this should be like that, because the 2
hdds are still not formatted, so i tried to format them under control
panel | administration | ... in the overview i can see that there is a
dynamic hdd but i can not format this hdd because winxp is telling me
that it is not readable... has someone an issue for that problem?

thanks.
tutui.
2 answers Last reply
More about p4pe problems raid winxp

    XP does not know about SATA drives. You have to install SP1.

    --
    DaveW

    "tutui" <patrick.schiess@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
    > hi there,
    >
    > i'm using the onboard promise raid controller on a asus p4pe
    > mainboard. i have configured the controller to use 2 sata hdd in a
    > raid 0. this all worked fine, but when i started winxp i can't see the
    > hdd... so far so good, i think this should be like that, because the 2
    > hdds are still not formatted, so i tried to format them under control
    > panel | administration | ... in the overview i can see that there is a
    > dynamic hdd but i can not format this hdd because winxp is telling me
    > that it is not readable... has someone an issue for that problem?
    >
    > thanks.
    > tutui.

    I'm having the same problem- and I'm running SP2 so that isn't the problem.
    On booting from the Win XP disk, there is no disks shown to format. What
    gives?

    > XP does not know about SATA drives. You have to install SP1.
    >
    > --
    > DaveW
    >

    > "tutui" <patrick.schiess@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
    > > hi there,
    > >
    > > i'm using the onboard promise raid controller on a asus p4pe
    > > mainboard. i have configured the controller to use 2 sata hdd in a
    > > raid 0. this all worked fine, but when i started winxp i can't see the
    > > hdd... so far so good, i think this should be like that, because the 2
    > > hdds are still not formatted, so i tried to format them under control
    > > panel | administration | ... in the overview i can see that there is a
    > > dynamic hdd but i can not format this hdd because winxp is telling me
    > > that it is not readable... has someone an issue for that problem?
    > >
    > > thanks.
    > > tutui.

Asus NAS / RAID Controller Hard Drives Motherboards