p4pe problems with raid 0 under winxp

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 20, 2004 6:08:08 AM

hi there,

i'm using the onboard promise raid controller on a asus p4pe
mainboard. i have configured the controller to use 2 sata hdd in a
raid 0. this all worked fine, but when i started winxp i can't see the
hdd... so far so good, i think this should be like that, because the 2
hdds are still not formatted, so i tried to format them under control
panel | administration | ... in the overview i can see that there is a
dynamic hdd but i can not format this hdd because winxp is telling me
that it is not readable... has someone an issue for that problem?

thanks.
tutui.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 21, 2004 3:23:59 AM

XP does not know about SATA drives. You have to install SP1.

--
DaveW

"tutui" <patrick.schiess@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
> hi there,
>
> i'm using the onboard promise raid controller on a asus p4pe
> mainboard. i have configured the controller to use 2 sata hdd in a
> raid 0. this all worked fine, but when i started winxp i can't see the
> hdd... so far so good, i think this should be like that, because the 2
> hdds are still not formatted, so i tried to format them under control
> panel | administration | ... in the overview i can see that there is a
> dynamic hdd but i can not format this hdd because winxp is telling me
> that it is not readable... has someone an issue for that problem?
>
> thanks.
> tutui.
August 21, 2004 12:44:19 PM

I'm having the same problem- and I'm running SP2 so that isn't the problem.
On booting from the Win XP disk, there is no disks shown to format. What
gives?

!