P4S533 upgrade problems

Hi gurus

I have a P4 2.23G-400 and an ASUS P4S533
I want to upgrade to a P4 2.8G-533, but I can NOT get the damn thing to work
Absolutely nothing happens
I updated BIOS to 1010C, but that didnt help

Any suggestions ?

TIA
LB

"Mr B" <ask@me> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi gurus
>
> I have a P4 2.23G-400 and an ASUS P4S533
> I want to upgrade to a P4 2.8G-533, but I can NOT get the damn thing to
work
> Absolutely nothing happens
> I updated BIOS to 1010C, but that didnt help
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> TIA
> LB

Not a guru, but running a 2,8/533 and a P4S533 ( bios 1010version5, 300W
PSU ) without any problems. Have you tried to ( jumper) reset the bios or
mayby it´s "just" a wrong bios setting ?
some more general info about the motherboard:
http://www.lostcircuits.com/motherboard/asus_p4s533/

G.

Which VERSION of the P4 2.8 GHz processor are you trying to use? There are
several. For instance the newer "E" version, which has a 1 MB L2 cache in
it, will most likely not work in that older board.

--
DaveW

"Mr B" <ask@me> wrote in message
> Hi gurus
>
> I have a P4 2.23G-400 and an ASUS P4S533
> I want to upgrade to a P4 2.8G-533, but I can NOT get the damn thing to
work
> Absolutely nothing happens
> I updated BIOS to 1010C, but that didnt help
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> TIA
> LB

"DaveW" wrote...

> Which VERSION of the P4 2.8 GHz processor are you trying to use? There
are
> several. For instance the newer "E" version, which has a 1 MB L2 cache in
> it, will most likely not work in that older board.
>
> --
> DaveW

AAAArrrrghhhhhh....... gasp !!!
Here I go, buying a new 1MB L2 cache CPU..... and then my mobo doesnt
support it....