PYHTON SEQUENTIAL SCSI TAPE DRIVE - HOW TO USE IT???????

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

We have a python sequential scsi tape dive, but we having
problems using it. All the drivers for the drive and the
board are installed and are working fine with the
operating system (Win XP).

How do we actually use the drive? So we can see what data
is actually on the tapes that we insert into it? Is there
any software we actually need?

Thanks for your help

Colin

You need to use a backup program. However, I do not believe that the
bundled XP Backup system (in Pro, add-on in Home) can use the SCSI tape
drives.

I know that Seagate (maker of the Pyhton drives) was originally bundling
their own backup system. Seagate sold it to Veritas, who then sold the
desktop management side to Stomp.

Look at Stomp BackupMyPc software.