standard MB (not CPU!!!) temperature for Asus A7V133 (via ..

what is normal i correct maindboar teperature for this model (A7V133)?

I change cooler on my CPU and form 62 degrees (celcius) get 50. But
noticed that after this change - my MB temperature rise from 35-37 to
stable 40 degrees.

but absolutely don't know why!!! any known reasons for this? :(

--
iTuiTu

Paul

Splendid

In article <1pi1kqdkwakt0$.l891nx7anl7l$.dlg@40tude.net>, iTuiTu
<itu_skasujtozkreskami_itu@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> what is normal i correct maindboar teperature for this model (A7V133)?
>
> I change cooler on my CPU and form 62 degrees (celcius) get 50. But
> noticed that after this change - my MB temperature rise from 35-37 to
> stable 40 degrees.
>
> but absolutely don't know why!!! any known reasons for this? :(

This is your computer before improving the CPU heatsink/fan -

62 35-37 25C ?
+---------------+ +--------------->
| |
| |
\|||||/ Case Room
CPU
-----------------------------

This is your computer after adding the new CPU heatsink/fan.
Heat is piling up inside the computer case, as the computer
case to outside air flow rate has not changed.

50 40 25C ?
+---------------+ +--------------->
+---------------+ |
| |
\|||||||/ v
\|||||/ Case Room
CPU
-----------------------------

If you add another 80mm chassis fan to the computer case, it
will look like this. The heat being removed from the CPU,
is now efficiently being transferred to the Room Air.

45 35 25C ?
+---------------+ +--------------->
+---------------+ +--------------->
| |
\|||||||/ v
\|||||/ Case Room
CPU
-----------------------------

AMD suggests the difference between Case Air and Room
Air, should be 7C. Add extra fans to the computer case,
until you get closer to that objective. The fan on the
power supply, is not enough to cool the computer by
itself. Extra cooling air is needed to protect the
disk drives, as they are sensitive to temperature and
humidity.

Hope that helps,
Paul

Paul - THNX! :) I was thinkin about an extra fan inside the case but,
you know this is an extra noise porducer also.

Next question is that I should put fan that pull fresh air inside the
cas or put tha fan that will push out hot air form tha case.
I have two places for extra fan - one under the power suply, nex is jut
under drives at front (so the first is push out and secodn place is pull
in).

I hope this fan also don't need to rotate at 699999 RPM ;))))))))) (my
new CPU cooler rotate around 2700rpm and old was around 4200 - so i feel
the diference!)

--
iTuiTu

Paul

Splendid

In article <jizv7npkuxdz$.177008vtgu9ql$.dlg@40tude.net>, iTuiTu
<itu_skasujtozkreskami_itu@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> Paul - THNX! :) I was thinkin about an extra fan inside the case but,
> you know this is an extra noise porducer also.
>
> Next question is that I should put fan that pull fresh air inside the
> cas or put tha fan that will push out hot air form tha case.
> I have two places for extra fan - one under the power suply, nex is jut
> under drives at front (so the first is push out and secodn place is pull
> in).
>
> I hope this fan also don't need to rotate at 699999 RPM ;))))))))) (my
> new CPU cooler rotate around 2700rpm and old was around 4200 - so i feel
> the diference!)

Personally, I like to place the extra fan underneath the power supply,
pulling air out of the case. That way, the noise from the fan isn't
in my face.

A previous thread I read, reached the conclusion that a
balance between inlet and exhaust fans is best, to reduce
the amount of dust that accumulates inside the PC. For example,
three exhaust fans on the back balanced with two inlet fans on
the front of the computer. To be more accurate, a balance between
the CFM (cubic feet per minute) of the fans, with slightly more
exhaust fan capacity than inlet fan capacity. (Of course, there
are other opinions about the positive pressure/negative pressure
discussion.)

You can adjust the fan speed with one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-217&depa=0

or to control multiple fans, use a drive bay mounted controller
like one of these:
http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20040615/index.html

HTH,
Paul

I use for now on my CPU:

http://www.plustek.pl/produkty_new/zoom.php?id_grupy=14&grupa=coolery&id_produktu=7&lang=en&rand_no_cache=6857

in box, you find also device to manually control RPM of fan... :) in max
it's works around 2800 rpm in low - 1700 (but CPU temperature will grow
around 5 degrees C).

Still the question is that 400 degrees C on MB is to high? You was
absolutely right - hot air rise the temperature of MB (when I put CPU
fan to 1700 rpm - temeprature od CPU rise but MP temperature decrease
around 2-3 degrees).

Next, I found that my graphic card has not onlu core temperature info
but also inform me about air temeprature - and give me about 38 degrees
about it and 74 degrees of core - leadtek a310 gf5600, 128mb.

Must to look at MBM5 - maybe there is chance to pin up this two sensors
to get easly more information...

--
iTuiTu