my computer is not recognizing the usb ports

Luis

I have recently upgraded from Windows ME to XP and my PDA
and digital camera can't connect to my computer. When I
check device manager I notice that the USB controller is
not there. It should be under "other devices" but there
is no such place. HELP!

Hello

what ever drivers for your usn device you have currently installed
remove them. Also make sure that you have the correct updated
version for xp for your palm installed. another thing doa wndows
update and see if you have any penting issue.

al

luis wrote:

> I have recently upgraded from Windows ME to XP and my PDA
> and digital camera can't connect to my computer. When I
> check device manager I notice that the USB controller is
> not there. It should be under "other devices" but there
> is no such place. HELP!

USB controller should not be under "Other devices". It should appear under
"USB"

Install you chipset drivers and if the chipset is based on a VIA chipset,
install the VIA USB filter.