Old 200fsb cpus on new Asus Motherboards?

fs

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

It is about an 1.3ghz 200fsb duron to run on a A7N8X-X. I've noticed
there is a jumper setting for 200fsb cpus but I'm not sure that would
work.

It is not exactly about money but I'm thinking about using the athlon
2600+ that has on, to a better m/b and use an old duron on it that
hangs here totaly unused for a machine a family member needs.

-fs

Paul

Splendid

In article <cfd01ec0.0408210641.3b804989@posting.google.com>,
admin@www0.org (fs) wrote:

> It is about an 1.3ghz 200fsb duron to run on a A7N8X-X. I've noticed
> there is a jumper setting for 200fsb cpus but I'm not sure that would
> work.
>
> It is not exactly about money but I'm thinking about using the athlon
> 2600+ that has on, to a better m/b and use an old duron on it that
> hangs here totaly unused for a machine a family member needs.
>
> -fs

This page will tell you what processors work with an Asus motherboard.
Type the name in the search box and it will list the processors, plus
what minimum revision of BIOS and revision of motherboard is
required.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

HTH,
Paul

On 21 Aug 2004 07:41:19 -0700, admin@www0.org (fs) wrote:

>It is about an 1.3ghz 200fsb duron to run on a A7N8X-X. I've noticed
>there is a jumper setting for 200fsb cpus but I'm not sure that would
>work.
>
>It is not exactly about money but I'm thinking about using the athlon
>2600+ that has on, to a better m/b and use an old duron on it that
>hangs here totaly unused for a machine a family member needs.

Beware not to set fsb200 on the motherboard !

A socalled fsb200 cpu (there are also fsb333 and fsb400) don't need a
jumper setting on the motherboard for fsb200, but for fsb100 !!

In the same style: the fsb400 needs a setting for 200 MHz on the
motherboard.

You have a factor 2x because the cpu is double-pumped. P4 are
quad-pumped, and has a factor 4x.

best regards

John