Cannot see workgroup computers

June 7, 2004 2:19:57 PM

When I click 'View Workgroup Computers' in Windows XP's
Network Places window, The window does not change - I only
hear the error 'bing' and nothing happens.

Furthermore, in the Network Setup Wizard, it claims that I
am unable to create a network connection where I am the
host, and other computers connect to me.

I know for a fact that this is possible. I am connected to
an eTEC ADSL Router, as is one other computer, that has no
problems seeing my PC.

More about : workgroup computers

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 4:07:58 PM

Do you have the Internet Connection Firewall turned on ?

June 7, 2004 5:21:05 PM

make sure all the computers are on the same workgroup (default: MSHOME).. I don't like the Network setup wizard.. i do it without it lol..
-Jonathan
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 2:29:09 AM

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:21:05 -0700, "Jonathan"

>make sure all the computers are on the same workgroup (default: MSHOME).. I don't like the Network setup wizard.. i do it without it lol..
> -Jonathan

Also: every computer on the network must:

1. Have identical user accounts with identical, non-blank passwords.
2. Something SHARED for other systems to see.

You would be surprised the number of trouble calls I go out to
regarding networking issues only to find the user never shared the
intended folder in the first place.
!