Cannot see workgroup computers

When I click 'View Workgroup Computers' in Windows XP's
Network Places window, The window does not change - I only
hear the error 'bing' and nothing happens.

Furthermore, in the Network Setup Wizard, it claims that I
am unable to create a network connection where I am the
host, and other computers connect to me.

I know for a fact that this is possible. I am connected to
an eTEC ADSL Router, as is one other computer, that has no
problems seeing my PC.
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot workgroup computers

    Do you have the Internet Connection Firewall turned on ?

    make sure all the computers are on the same workgroup (default: MSHOME).. I don't like the Network setup wizard.. i do it without it lol..
    -Jonathan

    On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:21:05 -0700, "Jonathan"

    >make sure all the computers are on the same workgroup (default: MSHOME).. I don't like the Network setup wizard.. i do it without it lol..
    > -Jonathan

    Also: every computer on the network must:

    1. Have identical user accounts with identical, non-blank passwords.
    2. Something SHARED for other systems to see.

    You would be surprised the number of trouble calls I go out to
    regarding networking issues only to find the user never shared the
    intended folder in the first place.

Network Connection Computers Windows XP