Hardware Installation Error

I cannot add any new HW device to my PC. I keep getting a
message that says "You can only install one device at a
time. Another device installation is underway, when it is
finished you can try this wizard again." Nothing else is
being installed. I have rebooted but I get the same
message every time I click onthe Add/Delete Hardware Icon

Some piece of hardware did not install properly and the installation is hung
up. Check Device Manager for any problems.