Install problem

I am not able to add new hardware the error message is: "In INF file there was not found mandatory part"
Can you help me?
Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about install problem

    Hi,

    Have you checked to see if the hardware that you are installing has a more
    updated driver?
    Check the manufacturer's website for the latest device driver.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Richard" <richard_zbranek@seznam.cz> wrote in message
    > I am not able to add new hardware the error message is: "In INF file there
    was not found mandatory part"
    > Can you help me?
    > Thank you.

    This is not a standard Windows message (at least in English version).
    What INF are you installing and how?

    --PA

    "Richard" <richard_zbranek@seznam.cz> wrote in message news:7C9852A7-1D73-4047-897B-2C1C049A00CD@microsoft.com...
    > I am not able to add new hardware the error message is: "In INF file there was not found mandatory part"
    > Can you help me?
    > Thank you.

    Most hardware is supplied with a cd containing drivers and support
    programs.. if not, the software is often obtainable from websites.. the idea
    is that you run the software first, then connect whatever device.. it is not
    difficult to do..

    "Richard" <richard_zbranek@seznam.cz> wrote in message
    > I am not able to add new hardware the error message is: "In INF file there
    was not found mandatory part"
    > Can you help me?
    > Thank you.

Hardware Microsoft Error Message Windows XP