Install problem

June 7, 2004 4:11:02 PM

I am not able to add new hardware the error message is: "In INF file there was not found mandatory part"
Can you help me?
Thank you.

More about : install problem

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 7:31:00 PM

Hi,

Have you checked to see if the hardware that you are installing has a more
updated driver?
Check the manufacturer's website for the latest device driver.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Richard" <richard_zbranek@seznam.cz> wrote in message
> I am not able to add new hardware the error message is: "In INF file there
was not found mandatory part"
> Can you help me?
> Thank you.
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 3:08:32 AM

This is not a standard Windows message (at least in English version).
What INF are you installing and how?

--PA

"Richard" <richard_zbranek@seznam.cz> wrote in message news:7C9852A7-1D73-4047-897B-2C1C049A00CD@microsoft.com...
> I am not able to add new hardware the error message is: "In INF file there was not found mandatory part"
> Can you help me?
> Thank you.
June 8, 2004 1:03:59 PM

Most hardware is supplied with a cd containing drivers and support
programs.. if not, the software is often obtainable from websites.. the idea
is that you run the software first, then connect whatever device.. it is not
difficult to do..

!