Which Asus MotherBoard has Boot on Keyboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 22, 2004 6:54:56 PM

Does anyone know which current Asus
MotherBoards have a boot on keyboard command
in the bios?
I'm looking to upgrade from a TUSL2C, to a
P-4 board and need the ability to Boot on
Keyboard command in the BIOS.

Suggestions?

--
Tp,

-------- __o
----- -\<. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 22, 2004 6:54:57 PM

P4P800-E Deluxe does that. I'm sure others do it to. I boot by pressing
the space bar. There are a few other keys that can be set to do that too,
including having to press two keys at the same time. There is a jumper on
the mobo that has to be changed from the default to enable this feature.

John

"TomP" <roadcyc@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know which current Asus
> MotherBoards have a boot on keyboard command
> in the bios?
> I'm looking to upgrade from a TUSL2C, to a
> P-4 board and need the ability to Boot on
> Keyboard command in the BIOS.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> --
> Tp,
>
> -------- __o
> ----- -\<. -------- __o
> --- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<.
> -------------------- ( )/ ( )
>
> No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 22, 2004 7:33:44 PM

TomP wrote:

>Does anyone know which current Asus
>MotherBoards have a boot on keyboard command
>in the bios?
>I'm looking to upgrade from a TUSL2C, to a
>P-4 board and need the ability to Boot on
>Keyboard command in the BIOS.
>
>Suggestions?
>
>--
>Tp,
>
>-------- __o
>----- -\<. -------- __o
>--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<.
>-------------------- ( )/ ( )
>
> No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

A7N8X-E

--
John Crawford
u1f6060@shaw.ca

Canadian "EH" and my second car is not a dog sled
a b V Motherboard
August 22, 2004 11:25:11 PM

P4S333
P4S800D-E
All have space bar Boot BIOS option

TomP wrote:

> Does anyone know which current Asus
> MotherBoards have a boot on keyboard command
> in the bios?
> I'm looking to upgrade from a TUSL2C, to a
> P-4 board and need the ability to Boot on
> Keyboard command in the BIOS.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> --
> Tp,
>
> -------- __o
> ----- -\<. -------- __o
> --- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<.
> -------------------- ( )/ ( )
>
> No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

August 23, 2004 3:13:27 AM

.....but if everyone enables the feature with MB, the hundreds of millions of
computers In the world will all be drawing extra keyboard power, when the
computer is off, thus accelerating global warming. Just a thought...
August 23, 2004 5:53:43 AM

...especially americans.
August 23, 2004 6:45:11 AM

"Alex" <@> wrote in message
> ..especially americans.

thats because they have the most computers.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2004 12:41:43 PM

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:54:56 GMT, TomP <roadcyc@socal.rr.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know which current Asus
>MotherBoards have a boot on keyboard command
>in the bios?
>I'm looking to upgrade from a TUSL2C, to a
>P-4 board and need the ability to Boot on
>Keyboard command in the BIOS.

TUSL2C does that !

Wake up by mouse, keyboard, ..

It requires a modern ACPI compatible powersupply and a suitable
graphics card too.

I made a pc with a 1300 tualatin on TUSL2C for my sister son. I love
'standby' mode and fast wake-up myself. But that family don't.

For the first the switch off all electricity before sleeping at night.
That is all standby electronics, like TV, radio, etc.

Then the cat pushed the mouse when that boy was asleep, and he was
awakened by the beep.

Sad ! I had to remove that facility in bios setup.

Most current Asus and Abit boards does that. Also Epox and AOpen as
far as we are with motherboards for Intel.

Along AMD motherboards: I use Abit and they can.

best regards

John
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard