Help with USR Modem

I have a USR 5699B 56K Faxmodem PCI for Windows. I am running Windows XP
Professional on an NF7-S V2.0 MB. I have been having numerous problems
which caused me to reinstall numerous times and I believe that I finally
found what is causing the problem.

The modem is suppose to install a general driver and then I am suppose to
update it to an unsigned driver from the web. I did not update the modem
right away, applied SP1 XP update and installed all other hardware. I just
noticed that the general driver that was suppose to have been installed
seems to have been picked up by XP as an NT driver.

How do I get it to install the correct general driver so it will update
correctly? Do I just select update driver and update it to the general
driver and then restart & update again to the correct USR updated driver? I
tried before to update it to the correct USR driver on a previous XP install
and it did not work--I did not realize at that time that the original driver
that XP picked up was incorrect at that time. I just finished reinstalling
everything and if anyone can give me the proper directions on how to get
this driver loaded correctly I would be forever grateful--this has been a
problem for me for over 4 months now!

I know that the driver is incorrect because I did a modem query and the
model number is incorrect. It is a Winmodem.

Mike

Splendid

The USR 5699B PCI V.92 is not a winmodem.. and the drivers and other XP
support can be had from this site..

http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=5699b

Good luck

Mike