P4P800-E Hard drive install letter designation

Hi

I just installed a new harddrive and it came up as drive letter I. I want it
to be C. I have a cd and dvd burner and a card reader installed to the
internal USB connections. The card reader takes four letters, C, D, E, F,
and the CD is G and DVD is H.

How can I reassign the boot drive to C. Additionally I have a second HD (not
installed yet) that I would like to designate to letter D.

Thanks!!!

Unconnect everything except for the new drive, then format it and install
windows. Then connect the rest of the drives up one at a time and reboot
between each new connection. Dawg

Martin Hirsch wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just installed a new harddrive and it came up as drive letter I. I want it
> to be C. I have a cd and dvd burner and a card reader installed to the
> internal USB connections. The card reader takes four letters, C, D, E, F,
> and the CD is G and DVD is H.
>
> How can I reassign the boot drive to C. Additionally I have a second HD (not
> installed yet) that I would like to designate to letter D.
>
> Thanks!!!

You need to make the primary partition on the new drive 'active'. This
can be done with FDisk, run from your boot diskette.

Good luck,

Steven

Sharky

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

When you set this Hd in the bios as first HD and you boot from the Windows
CD than this HD must be C.
After install a clean windows you can assign all the drive letters you want
with the manage optine ( right click on my computer )